Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Studs and Duds, Packers Epic Wildcard Beatdown of Jerrah's Bois:

It’s gps of where the players went. That’s their exact paths. It’s not someone animating or estimating. And regardless, if you’re going to use tape, use the all 11 because you can see the field.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    It’s gps of where the players went. That’s their exact paths. It’s not someone animating or estimating. And regardless, if you’re going to use tape, use the all 11 because you can see the field.

This is the all 22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiwRlZplt5s

The play we are discussing is at 8:29

This is a zone coverage. Zone blitz actually. They had Campbell follow Lambs motion (Z MO) and then peel off on a blitz. This caused Prescott to try and hit Lamb on the hot route. The Packers had Savage up in the zone cover and he picked him clean. A great bait job on the Cowboys by the Pack D.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    This is the all 22.

This is a zone coverage. Zone blitz actually. They had Campbell follow Lambs motion (Z MO) and then peel off on a blitz. This caused Prescott to try and hit Lamb on the hot route. The Packers had Savage up in the zone cover and he picked him clean. A great bait job on the Cowboys by the Pack D.
    I tip my hat, sir. Maybe I’ll get there on day

Blog Entries
    Absolutely you will. Keep watching tape and learning the tricks of the trade. Ain't no crime to get fooled when they disguise coverages on ya. On that play Zak got fooled, why shouldn't you?

Just remember, seeing two guys in ISO on a coverage doesn't mean it's man, but sometimes it does, ha.
    We're both just fans trying to figure out what our team is doing

Absolutely you will. Keep watching tape and learning the tricks of the trade. Ain't no crime to get fooled when they disguise coverages on ya. On that play Zak got fooled, why shouldn't you?

Just remember, seeing two guys in ISO on a coverage doesn't mean it's man, but sometimes it does, ha.
    We're both just fans trying to figure out what our team is doing
    I see what I missed I think. It looked like Quay was playing the curl/flat zones and was doing a zone drop, kind of drifting toward the inside route coming his way. I think if he had his eyes square on the back it would have indicated man. The rest of the defense there was no way of knowing, but quay kind of gave away zone (at least on that half of the field)

And yeah, I see how those corners could have been playing the deep 1/3rd even though they didn’t drop. No one threatened them deep so they just kept a safe distance in case someone did start going deep.

I’m pretty sure that’s what happened and what I missed on, anyway.

You’re really trying and learning. Gotta give you credit for that.

For me, it’s easier and more fun at this moment in my life to just blame Joe Barry. Hell , this morning I found out I had diarrhea, probably due to what I ate last night. But all I could think was “Ah, fuckin’ Joe Barely. This is his fault.”

It felt good. I might start blaming him retroactively for my sordid past.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    And this has never been the position of the fire Joe Barry cult. Not once had anyone said the talent in the back end is lacking, especially in the middle parts of the season, due to injury and starting the year with guys who are not ready to play in the NFL. It’s always been that the team is extremely talented and Barry’s ineptitude is destroying our chances so he needs to be fired.

That’s why I point out that the players make a difference in the game. I point out the secondary struggles at the player level and why a coach can’t do much for a guy who can’t play well no matter what.

So when his secondary is particularly decimated he’s trying to cover that up. Maybe he has the line rushing the passer more aggressively to help the pass defense, but he’s giving up runs then. Maybe the offense sputters and the defense ends up on the field a lot because they gave up too many runs. Maybe you realize that’s not working so you go back to disciplined rushes but then bad quarterbacks chew you up. Maybe then you get your better secondary players back and everything works better. Maybe the offense starts clicking and now you’re steam rolling.

Maybe it’s the players. It’s not far fetched.
    Thats simply not true. Most of us pointed out the problems and injuries in the secondary, but we all concluded that its on the COACHES to get players in positions to succeed. They need to take the extra time to make sure guys know their assignments. Barry failed in that miserably at times.

As I said somewhere he has been MUCH better in the playoffs since he has been with the team. That implies to me that he puts more time into his job when its "important". I want a hungry young buck, or a natural (Rex Ryan) so we play great D all the time.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

This is the all 22.

And that was very good coaching. No doubt we had scouted something similar and knew where Dak was going with the hot read. As such we schemed Savage into a POSITION TO SUCCEED.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.