Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers Beatdown Of Cowboys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Yea, Johnson looked like he was near tears....good!

Romeo. What a game. Every time they needed a big catch he was there. My new thing....Love - Romeo, a Bromance.

I mentioned how the Bears game would decide if this mimicked 2009 or 2010. Well, exactly 48 in the wildcard round. Team playing through a ton of injuries and guys just stepping up. I think we know the answer.
    Zombo!!!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Yea, Johnson looked like he was near tears....good!

Romeo. What a game. Every time they needed a big catch he was there. My new thing....Love - Romeo, a Bromance.

I mentioned how the Bears game would decide if this mimicked 2009 or 2010. Well, exactly 48 in the wildcard round. Team playing through a ton of injuries and guys just stepping up. I think we know the answer.
    A win next week and that 10k looks in reach for you.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

The first thing that stands out to me is that the Packers have a veritable shitload of weapons, several of them they didn't even use much in this game. No catches for Reed, 1 or 2 for Watson, 1 for Melton, not a whole lot for the TEs, etc.

Whatever the Dallas D was shutting down, Love was hitting somebody else. Dallas thought they could confuse him with zone D - Love beat that. Then they went to man coverage, and Love picked that apart too. They lightened the box to increase coverage, and Jones ran wild/Love check down to runs.

On the other side of the ball, so many people thought the formula for stopping the Cowboys was blitzing/putting pressure on Dak. But Barry knew better hahahaha. I don't recall any game in recent history where the Packers had the back end loaded up/multiple Packers in coverage virtually every time, at least until the end when it was desperation time for the Cowboys. And we still got a little bit of pressure on Dak, and we still did a moderately good job of stopping the run. If Barry had blitzed too much, a mobile guy like Dak would have picked the D apart. Has Barry learned something since fucking things up so bad against the Giants, etc.? Or were the players just better motivated and coached? Either way, he probably saved his job - for better or worse. And it should be even better against the Niners, whose receivers are not as good as the Cowboys, and Purdy being nowhere near as good as Dak.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Doubs might be our 5th best receiver

Wicks/Reed/Watson
    Melton
    Doubs

Maybe he’s 4th. But regardless, we have 5 guys better than Lazard, MVS and/or Cobb. Plus the two tight ends.

If you have 1 star and 4 scrubs, it’s never better to lose your star so you can rely on your scrubs. The whole “spread the ball around to arena league players” thing isn’t as cheerful as it sounds in theory.

But when you have 5 guys who can run, get open and catch….. ok, all of a sudden the spread the ball around thing is looking a lot better. What we have right now is 3x better than Davante and scrubs. This is a really good group and they’re going to be hard to stop.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Doubs might be our 5th best receiver

Wicks/Reed/Watson
    Melton
    Doubs

Maybe he’s 4th. But regardless, we have 5 guys better than Lazard, MVS and/or Cobb. Plus the two tight ends

If you have 1 star and 4 scrubs, it’s never better to lose your star so you can rely on your scrubs. The whole “spread the ball around to arena league players” thing isn’t as cheerful as it sounds in theory.

But when you have 5 guys who can run, get open and catch….. ok, all of a sudden the spread the ball around thing is looking a lot better. What we have right now is 3x better than Davante and scrubs. This is a really good group and they’re going to be hard to stop.
    Or do we have a QB that is playing within the system so they all excel? I mean are they that much better or are they simply in a better position to succeed? Its not like any of them put up a huge number to tell me they are that much better than the other guys. (Playing devil's advocate)
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

What a game. I did call this one

They are dangerous right now. I kinda think they're gonna win next week too. Joe Barry is gonna keep his job. Shit.

I laughed my ass off at this.
    https://twitter.com/MarkOldacres/sta...39588301721855

^ Holy shit! That's hilarious!

I just saw this, IDK if it's accurate: do the Packers have more playoff wins at AT&T than the Cowboys?

Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I just saw this, IDK if it's accurate: do the Packers have more playoff wins at AT&T than the Cowboys?

Is this true?
    well we did win a super bowl there

Is this true?
    Yes. GB: 3 wins (Incl SB), DAL 2 wins.

Is this true?
    Green Bay is now 6 - 0 at ATT Stadium.

1-0 in Superbowls
    2-0 in Playoffs
    3-0 in Regular Season.

Something I've noticed the last few weeks is when the camera goes to MLF on the sidelines, Bisaccia is often there in his back pocket.

I can't help but wonder if RB isn't close by for a reason; back-stopping LaFleur? Extra set of experienced eyes?

I like his swagger:

https://twitter.com/narchy4all/statu...htmode%3Dfalse

The other thought that I had - Zach Tom is the key to this team. The OL is playing pretty well right now. Zach Tom is an all-star right tackle. Can he stop Bosa or the other OSU fella? I hope so. I would definitely chip Bosa just about every play. Run right at Chase Young.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    The other thought that I had - Zach Tom is the key to this team. The OL is playing pretty well right now. Zach Tom is an all-star right tackle. Can he stop Bosa or the other OSU fella? I hope so. I would definitely chip Bosa just about every play. Run right at Chase Young.
    Zack Tom is a slightly above average RT.

Zack Tom is a slightly above average RT.
    Not so sure I agree. He is very lean, which scares me a bit. Gotta husk up a bit. But he could be a future top 3-5 guy I think. His stats are very good. You wish he had Bryan Bulaga's build. He just looks small and lean to me.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Not so sure I agree. He is very lean, which scares me a bit. Gotta husk up a bit. But he could be a future top 3-5 guy I think. His stats are very good. You wish he had Bryan Bulaga's build. He just looks small and lean to me.
    I agree with all that, but right now he is slightly above average (which is still above average at a tough position). I don't know that his frame allows much more weight. Also remember I am a huge fan. On draft day I said I liked him better than the 3rd round guy and I still think he could be a top 3 Guard right now. Maybe he can hold 15 more pounds, I can't be sure. I wouldn't pass on a big time tackle in the draft though.

I laughed at this one too. It does seem so long ago.

https://twitter.com/redditPackers/st...51643280920720

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    During the game it felt like he had thrown the ball 30 times. Crazy stats on 16 completions says big ass plays.

Doubs was over 50% of the passing yards. Big plays and Jones consistent running kept the offense churning.

LOL at the "Musgrave stayed on his feet!" After falling down on the play in Week 1, he gets redemption with a TD on the same play (just opposite sides) this week. Love it.