Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers Beatdown Of Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It’s really mind-boggling to realize that Reed had not a single catch. And was he even targeted? Not a catch. When, for a few weeks now, he seems like he’s been the fulcrum of this offense. What does that say about this group of receivers, about MLF’s playcalling, and about Love’s willingness to throw to whomever’s open?

Hard not to wonder what Rodgers would’ve done with this group. I can hear him in an interview with his passive-aggressive moves, saying geez, he would’ve loved to play with such a talented bunch of young receivers. But I also think about him throwing the ball to Davante Adams, double or triple-covered, while some rookie receiver was in the middle of the field with no defenders closer than fifteen yards.

But anyway, amazing that the stud from last week isn’t even heard from this week - but it doesn’t even matter. Mind-boggling after the late Rodgers years.
    i think i remember 1 pass thrown his way

it was later in the game

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

it was later in the game
    Pff said there were 3. I found 1 in the first quarter, and 1 on their last scoring drive.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Kinda the way it shakes out with receiver by committee. Sucks for him, but Melton also kinda got left out in the cold with Doubs going beef-moe.

It's a great problem to have. Nobody was avoiding Reed (or Melton or Watson) either. But Reed apparently was the guy the opponent chose to cover best, probably based on the way he has played. No problem, Love fairly easily pivoted to Doubs and to a lesser extent Wicks. Receiver by committee simply is not a bad thing.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I just saw this, IDK if it's accurate: do the Packers have more playoff wins at AT&T than the Cowboys?

Is this true?
    Yes. GB: 3 wins (Incl SB), DAL 2 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I believe the Packers offense benefitted greatly from not spending snaps on AJ Dillon runs. Forcing the ball to Jones and into Love's hands was a huge boost.
    Agree they absolutely did. I think Dillon would have been an upgrade over Wilson or Taylor, but I think you have to ride Aaron Jones as much as possible. He missed half the season so he should be good.

Also - Zach Tom wasn't perfect but he essentially stopped Micah. Micah had a pretty quiet game...you didn't hear his name called a lot except for the two holding calls he drew. If only they did that against Maxx Crosby.
    That said, Tom has been very very good, and while he's not a prototype OT I think you have to leave him there. Having a guy you can set-and-forget and don't need to give a lot of help to, can really help out the rest of your OL and protection calls.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

it was later in the game
    Yeah he was targeted 3 times as in the PFF grades. I wonder if DAL was keyed on him as the biggest receiving threat and took him out of the game, or if all his injuries made him less effective.
    I'm pretty sure I saw Darnell Savage absolutely whiff on a tackle attempt of Pollard in the hole, and I saw some of the performances a little differently than PFF did. Overall I think they are in the ballpark at least but Doubs, Love, Jones and Tom were the clear offensive studs.

I stay away from most National media, but what I've seen/heard has mostly been how the 'Boi's dropped the ball and choked.

I finally heard Pat Kirwan on 'Moving the Chains' tell a Cowboys fan: "You got punched in the mouth....you got bullied and you didn't fight back."

Nice to hear someone acknowledge the Packers beat-down.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I stay away from most National media, but what I've seen/heard has mostly been how the 'Boi's dropped the ball and choked.

I finally heard Pat Kirwan on 'Moving the Chains' tell a Cowboys fan: "You got punched in the mouth....you got bullied and you didn't fight back."

Nice to hear someone acknowledge the Packers beat-down.
    I really like listening to Pat & Jim.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The Cowboys got beat by a better team - probably the only better team in the NFC, maybe the only better team in the NFL.

I just saw this, IDK if it's accurate: do the Packers have more playoff wins at AT&T than the Cowboys?

Is this true?
    Green Bay is now 6 - 0 at ATT Stadium.

1-0 in Superbowls
    2-0 in Playoffs
    3-0 in Regular Season.

Jacob Morley
    @JacobMorley

The Packers are the only team in NFL postseason history to post

48+ points
    400 + Total Yards
    Zero turnovers
    Zero Sacks Allowed

In a single game.

(They did all this while also being the youngest team in NFL history to Win a playoff game)
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Doubs might be our 5th best receiver

Wicks/Reed/Watson
    Melton
    Doubs

Maybe he’s 4th. But regardless, we have 5 guys better than Lazard, MVS and/or Cobb. Plus the two tight ends

If you have 1 star and 4 scrubs, it’s never better to lose your star so you can rely on your scrubs. The whole “spread the ball around to arena league players” thing isn’t as cheerful as it sounds in theory.

But when you have 5 guys who can run, get open and catch….. ok, all of a sudden the spread the ball around thing is looking a lot better. What we have right now is 3x better than Davante and scrubs. This is a really good group and they’re going to be hard to stop.
    Or do we have a QB that is playing within the system so they all excel? I mean are they that much better or are they simply in a better position to succeed? Its not like any of them put up a huge number to tell me they are that much better than the other guys. (Playing devil's advocate)
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    The other thought that I had - Zach Tom is the key to this team. The OL is playing pretty well right now. Zach Tom is an all-star right tackle. Can he stop Bosa or the other OSU fella? I hope so. I would definitely chip Bosa just about every play. Run right at Chase Young.
    Zack Tom is a slightly above average RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jacob Morley
    @JacobMorley

The Packers are the only team in NFL postseason history to post

48+ points
    400 + Total Yards
    Zero turnovers
    Zero Sacks Allowed

In a single game.

(They did all this while also being the youngest team in NFL history to Win a playoff game)
    Against a supposedly really good defense.

This is Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I really like listening to Pat & Jim.
    Best insights in the business, IMO. It helps they can sit and tear things apart and not really worry about viewership so there's no bombast.

They both have great insights, even if PK has been slow to jump on the Love Train.

I know some (many?) in here aren't gonna agree, but I'm getting the same idea I always had with Rodgers and the O Line, now with Love. Rodgers and now Love make the O Line SEEM better than they are with their mobility and ability to throw on the move/off platform. No sacks, few pressures, that's what stats show, but observation of the game shows pass rushers almost always getting in, especially outside rushers, but the QB calmly moving around and throwing it, almost always accurately. I also see Love getting knocked down after the throw a lot, probably even more than Rodgers, so far without consequence meaning Love, thankfully, is pretty durable.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Zack Tom is a slightly above average RT.
    Not so sure I agree. He is very lean, which scares me a bit. Gotta husk up a bit. But he could be a future top 3-5 guy I think. His stats are very good. You wish he had Bryan Bulaga's build. He just looks small and lean to me.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Not so sure I agree. He is very lean, which scares me a bit. Gotta husk up a bit. But he could be a future top 3-5 guy I think. His stats are very good. You wish he had Bryan Bulaga's build. He just looks small and lean to me.
    I agree with all that, but right now he is slightly above average (which is still above average at a tough position). I don't know that his frame allows much more weight. Also remember I am a huge fan. On draft day I said I liked him better than the 3rd round guy and I still think he could be a top 3 Guard right now. Maybe he can hold 15 more pounds, I can't be sure. I wouldn't pass on a big time tackle in the draft though.

JT O’Sullivan, when breaking down Love, noticed Tom. He said, “is their starting RT out? That guy is small, it looks like they have a linebacker playing tackle”

I think part of that is the number is a bit confusing, but the other part is he’s actuallly small.

He’s a heck of a player though. Bosa isnt his ideal matchup. Most of the big names he’s shut down have been lanky guys. Bosa is more of a power guy.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.