Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Matching Up With the Niners

We matched up just fine with Lamb, Cook, Ferguson, Gallup, etc. I'd say that's as good, probably better than Kittle/Samuels/Aiyuk, especially with our QB who is way better than their QB. How are they gonna match up with Reed, Wicks, Watson, Melton, Doubs, Kraft, Musgrave? A healthy Aaron Jones is about as good as McCaffrey.

The Niner D isn't as good overall as the team we crushed last week.

Or was your post just more sarcasm?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    We matched up just fine with Lamb, Cook, Ferguson, Gallup, etc. I'd say that's as good, probably better than Kittle/Samuels/Aiyuk, especially with our QB who is way better than their QB. How are they gonna match up with Reed, Wicks, Watson, Melton, Doubs, Kraft, Musgrave? A healthy Aaron Jones is about as good as McCaffrey.

The Niner D isn't as good overall as the team we crushed last week.

Or was your post just more sarcasm?
    No, Tex, it wasn't. I am vacillating between what seems, on paper, a much stronger 49ers team that should beat up this young Packer team (especially a strong feeling when you watch highlights from the 2019 and 2021 games) and a sense I have that this young Packer team is confident, loose, and on a hot streak. They remind me of this one other Packer team from about thirteen or so years ago . . .

So in one post I say that the Niners should really beat up on the young Pack, and in the next I am writing about how exciting this young Packer team is, and how loose they seem.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So you're saying you're bi-polar? hahahahahaha
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Fritz, I've had a hard time buying the past seasons of the Shanahan Jr 49ers because it seemed like their offensive playmaker were injury-prone. I'm surprised everyone has lasted this long into the postseason.

I feel like we have a puncher's chance in this game. By which, I mean if Quay can drop McCaffrey and Deebo with uppercuts when the replays aren't looking, we could keep it close.
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 01-20-2024 at 11:11 AM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    They have 8 all-pros, we have 0. "Our personnel is better fellas". Come on. But they got a shot, no doubt. I think it's gonna be close.
    Thats a popularity contest and we are uber young. I'm not saying we have better or even equal personnel, but its a lot closer than 8-0. We are also much deeper at the pass catcher department.

And although it can be debated I believe we have a better player at the most important position on the field. Quarterback.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.