I haven’t checked the stats on what coverages Barry hangs his hat on. Just for the sake of being able to get this point across, let’s say the boys are best in cover 3. On first and second down you align in cover 3 and and the expectation from the offenses perspective is that the line, linebackers and safeties are going to have their eyes on both the run game and the pass game. Your rush would be disciplined, you’d see guys biting a little bit on run action in the back. It’s kind of a core early down concept that handles everything.

If I’m Barry, I have a call in the playbook that’s our go to early down call, but instead of playing it with any discipline toward the run, I’d have it 100% geared toward the pass. Nobody bites on run action. None of your DL worry about run discipline. You’re just taking a guess. Worst case they gash you for 20, but they’re gonna do that anyway over the course of 3 plays and the whole point here is that you’re taking a shot to really get them behind the sticks and give yourself a premium look in 3rd down. I think this is the best way to exploit their weaknesses and it can’t be all of the time. Just guess a couple times and hope you guessed right.