Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers at 49ers Divisional Round Discussion Thread

Official Packers at 49ers Divisional Round Discussion Thread

Packers lead all-time series 38-33-1. 34-28-1 in regular season, 4-5 in playoffs.

Game is at 7:15 PM Saturday

Last meeting: January 22, 2022. 49ers beat the Packers 13-10 in divisional round of playoffs. Packers led 10-3 until Talanoa Hufanga of 49ers blocked a punt and returned it for a TD with 4:41 left. 49ers then drove for winning field goal as time expired.

Offensively, 49ers rank 3rd in points scored, 2nd in yards gained. In 16 games, Brock Purdy threw for 4280 yards with 31 TD passes and 11 INT's. Brandon Aiyuk caught 75 passes for 1342 yards and 7 TD's. George Kittle caught 65 passes for 1020 yards and 6 TD's. Deebo Samuel caught 60 passes for 892 yards and 7 TD's. Samuel also rushed for 225 yards and 5 TD's. Christian McCaffrey rushed for 1452 yards and 14 TD's, averaging 5.4 yards per carry. McCaffrey also caught 67 passes for 564 yards and 7 TD's.

Defensively 49ers rank 3rd in points allowed, 8th in yards allowed. Opponents passed for 3642 yards with 20 TD's and 22 INT's. Opponents had 1525 rushing yards and 10 TD's averaging 4.1 YPC. 49ers have sacked opposing QB's 48 times, led by Nick Bosa with 10.5.

Early odds have 49ers favored by 10.
    Moneyline: 49ers -520, Packers +390
    Over/under: 49.5
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Forecast for next Saturday night is temperatures in the 50's with 80% chance of rain.

Take Kittle over in yards and to score a TD. The Packers can’t cover a TE to save their ass.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

For Packers fans wanting to go to the game Saturday, tickets starting in the $400's. And that's the 400 level.

I can watch the Packers go down swinging from afar for a lot less than $400.

I think Bretsky’s going to feel a lot better about the potential for Joe Barely’s firing after this game.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Fuck the 49ers. We're gonna win.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Fuck the 49ers. We're gonna win.
    Puncher's chance, IMO.

At this point in the season, however, I think Love > Purdy.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Forecast for next Saturday night is temperatures in the 50's with 80% chance of rain.
    First thing I checked also because it has been raining over here. It will rain but likely not a downpour and probably not very windy like Candlestick was. I think this would be an advantage Packers because Purdy doesn’t have a rifle like Love.

I don't like their chances against SF, but that's not a shocker. I'll be rooting for GB. I heard they opened as 9.5 point underdogs? It doesn't even matter much to me, they are playing with house money.

Packers are alive in the playoffs, Love looks like a keeper, and GB kicked the asses of CHI and DAL in consecutive weeks.

This team is really fun to watch right now.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I don't like their chances against SF, but that's not a shocker. I'll be rooting for GB. I heard they opened as 9.5 point underdogs? It doesn't even matter much to me, they are playing with house money.

Packers are alive in the playoffs, Love looks like a keeper, and GB kicked the asses of CHI and DAL in consecutive weeks.

This team is really fun to watch right now.
    The 49ers have been the best team in the NFL since the McCaffrey trade. They probably would have won it all last year if all their QB's hadn't gotten hurt. I'll be ecstatic if the Packers win. But even if they lose, I'll be pretty satisfied as long as they show they belong in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Puncher's chance, IMO.

If they protect Love, and I think they can, it's more than just a punchers chance. This offense has balance and multiple guys that can hurt you.

Enagbare believed to have torn ACL. Opportunity for Brenton Cox now and next year since Enagbare likely won't be available for start of season.

He was playing pretty late in the game. Guess it's possible he was hurt early and just kept playing...

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    He was playing pretty late in the game. Guess it's possible he was hurt early and just kept playing...
    I read somewhere that he played only one more play after getting hurt.

Forecast calling for rain, Friday, Friday Night, Saturday, Saturday Night.

Field is going to be sloppy. Whichever team is a better mudder will have an edge.

I don’t like AJ Dillon much, but he is a mudder. His movement is lowsy but it doesn’t change at all when the field gets sloppy. Everyone else seems to lose some movement and the ol slug just stays at his 100%.

I hope Dillon can go. I could see him having a big day.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I don’t like AJ Dillon much, but he is a mudder. His movement is lowsy but it doesn’t change at all when the field gets sloppy. Everyone else seems to lose some movement and the ol slug just stays at his 100%.

I hope Dillon can go. I could see him having a big day.
    Even if he doesn't have a big day, having to tackle him about 15 times can take a toll as the game wears on.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Puncher's chance, IMO.

Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong. Because if it isn't now we have to look at run games.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

I said it before, and I'll say it again, the 49ers are NOT as good as the team we beat last week.

What caused Joe Barry to go to his new-found "cloud" D/partly two deep shell, partly three deep, I'm not sure. The amazing thing was that the Packer D did it without obvious weakness up front both against the run and pressure on the QB. Against the Niners, there will be a less mobile QB, so maybe we go to more blitzing. I like it, though, that we have that umbrella pass coverage rather than pass rush that "almost" gets the QB.

The Packers exposed what was thought to be a top flight D last week. Theoretically, the Niners front as well as their secondary are not as good as the Cowboys. We ought to be able to move the ball and score on them with all the weapons we have. Trying to look at it from the perspective of an opposing DC, how are you gonna shut down all the Packer receivers? The answer would seem to be to rush Love. I like the fact that Love has been dropping back significantly deeper than Rodgers used to do. That plus his mobility should be able to nullify Bosa and the rest of the Niners pass rush the same as it did Parsons and other Cowboy pass rushers.

I'm expecting another dominating performance and win.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I said it before, and I'll say it again, the 49ers are NOT as good as the team we beat last week.

What caused Joe Barry to go to his new-found "cloud" D/partly two deep shell, partly three deep, I'm not sure. The amazing thing was that the Packer D did it without obvious weakness up front both against the run and pressure on the QB. Against the Niners, there will be a less mobile QB, so maybe we go to more blitzing. I like it, though, that we have that umbrella pass coverage rather than pass rush that "almost" gets the QB.

The Packers exposed what was thought to be a top flight D last week. Theoretically, the Niners front as well as their secondary are not as good as the Cowboys. We ought to be able to move the ball and score on them with all the weapons we have. Trying to look at it from the perspective of an opposing DC, how are you gonna shut down all the Packer receivers? The answer would seem to be to rush Love. I like the fact that Love has been dropping back significantly deeper than Rodgers used to do. That plus his mobility should be able to nullify Bosa and the rest of the Niners pass rush the same as it did Parsons and other Cowboy pass rushers.

I'm expecting another dominating performance and win.
    Really?? The 49ers crushed the Cowgirls 42-10. Sure seems like that would point to SF being the better team but maybe I am wrong.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston