Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers at 49ers Divisional Round Discussion Thread

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    49ers had 2+ turnovers in 4 games, 1-3 record. Pack D can bend but has to take.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    49ers had 2+ turnovers in 4 games, 1-3 record. Pack D can bend but has to take.
    That's probably about it, in a nutshell.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Even if he doesn't have a big day, having to tackle him about 15 times can take a toll as the game wears on.
    The problem is wet field = wet ball. Not a good combination with a cast on your hand. ( Last I heard, he still had a cast. )

If I remember correctly, Ravens at Niners in week 16 was wet and raining? If so, try to fit some of what the Ravens did on D into your game plan. GB has to be able to score more TD's than FG's this game to win it. Niners are going to get theirs.

Turnovers will probably decide the outcome.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I really do not see how the Pack can win this game. I enjoyed the extra win but it will be fun to see how we do against the class of the NFC.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood

Jaire Alexander is not practicing today after dropping out of last week’s NFC wild card win in Dallas with an ankle injury.

AJ Dillon and Kingsley Enagbare are only other #Packers players not practicing.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

A wet field usually hurts DBs more than receivers. Also, I would think that a QB throwing from weird platforms or none at all would have an advantage. Also more size up front on D should be an advantage.

I remember a rain game in Chicago long ago when the Bears were good and the Packers were not - Levens or Bennett, I forget which, ran wild. A slasher and a mudder is kinda what we have now. We ought to win this game.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Wednesday’s updated weather forecast for the game Saturday:

“The weather forecast has improved for the 49ers’ playoff game against the Green Bay Packers on Saturday night at Santa Clara’s Levi’s Stadium.
    The San Francisco Bay Area is expected to see two significant waves of rain over the weekend, and the latest forecast indicates the game, which is scheduled to kick off at 5:15 p.m., will likely fall during a dry period between the two systems, Roger Gass, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, told SFGATE on Wednesday morning.
    Of course, the forecast could change in coming days, but this morning, meteorologists said models that predict the weather several days out indicated that fans and players would likely not have to worry about wind and rain during the game.

Jaire expected to practice tomorrow.

Let Jaire Alexander rest all week if he needs to, and rehab the living hell out of that ankle. Use wraps and electronic waves and voodoo and illegal drugs and magic spells.

I got a kick out of this quote from The Flower: "“They’ve got a lot of the same players they’ve had for a few years now, and they’ve added some other freak shows over there."

For some reason, that just cracked me up.

It reminded me that when I went to the Bears game a couple weeks ago, one of the honorary captains was Najeh Davenport, and all I could think about as he trotted out on the field was him shitting in a laundry basket. Now that's a freak show.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe LaFleur was referring to how the Packers alway had the older team. He might be excited to bring some young horses to the track.

BTW Fuck Richard Sherman, Packers hating niners ball washer! He is talking a lot of shit and bring up how they owned the Packers during Rodgers MVP season. “Ran him out the stadium” and says it will happen again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

It reminded me that when I went to the Bears game a couple weeks ago, one of the honorary captains was Najeh Davenport, and all I could think about as he trotted out on the field was him shitting in a laundry basket. Now that's a freak show.
    Najeh was a trip. That story came out before the draft . His agent made the statement "It was an unfortunate incident that Najeh has left behind him".

Yeah, no shit!
    "

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Game statuses for Saturday night at San Fran:

Questionable: Jaire Alexander, AJ Dillon, Isaiah McDuffie, Daniel Whelan.

Whelan, the Packers punter, has an illness but coach Matt LaFleur said he thinks he will be OK by game time.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Game statuses for Saturday night at San Fran:

Questionable: Jaire Alexander, AJ Dillon, Isaiah McDuffie, Daniel Whelan.

Whelan, the Packers punter, has an illness but coach Matt LaFleur said he thinks he will be OK by game time.
    The "questionable" designation these days reminds me of the "probable" designation in days of yore.

I hope that's the case here, anyway.

I've been wondering how playoff success affects draft order. So - Green Bay beat Dallas, but Dallas had a much better regular-season record. Does beating the Cowboys mean that Green Bay will draft AFTER Dallas, despite Dallas having a better regular-season record?

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The "questionable" designation these days reminds me of the "probable" designation in days of yore.

I hope that's the case here, anyway.

I've been wondering how playoff success affects draft order. So - Green Bay beat Dallas, but Dallas had a much better regular-season record. Does beating the Cowboys mean that Green Bay will draft AFTER Dallas, despite Dallas having a better regular-season record?
    Green Bay will draft after Dallas because they've advanced further in the playoffs than Dallas. Dallas will draft 24. Packers will draft either 25, 29, 31 or 32 depending on how they do the rest of the way.

Green Bay will draft after Dallas because they've advanced further in the playoffs than Dallas. Dallas will draft 24. Packers will draft either 25, 29, 31 or 32 depending on how they do the rest of the way.
    What a sad-sad truth that is!
    Reminds me of the Detroit Lions and how for years upon years how they’ve drafted way up above us on the Draft board, and how it shows on their roster today.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Najeh was a trip. That story came out before the draft . His agent made the statement "It was an unfortunate incident that Najeh has left behind him".

Yeah, no shit!
    "
    No, it was definitely shit. Shit was the thing you see
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Hey Joe (btw great Jimi tune) you observed in another thread how this is beginning to mirror a past season. Can you please update?
    1. Beat Bears
    2. Beat #1 division seed.
    3. Maybe…???

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Hey Joe (btw great Jimi tune) you observed in another thread how this is beginning to mirror a past season. Can you please update?
    1. Beat Bears
    2. Beat #1 division seed.
    3. Maybe…???
    It was our SB run. Beat the bears to make last seed.

We went and beat the Eagles, then whooped the Falcons and had a road division championship game vs the Bears.

So we beat the Bears, Cowboys and will beat the Niners and face a division foe (Lions) for NFCC