Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Straight up trade, QB for QB, who would you take for Love, TODAY?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    What the hell is wrong with Georgie pulling a bretsky level trolling like this. Like TO said, that my quarterback! Now I hope this happens when he is walking to the game with his ticket in hand:

Stop clowning around, Ringmaster Mad, you know you like it when this three ring circus is going full tilt-a-wheel.

My point is that there might be a handful, maybe, of QB's whose current state of play and long-term prospects are better than the Love Machine's.

I'm just curious to know who, by consensus (LOL, right) they might be.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Listening to Pat & Jim about the Bears. They said if Cousins comes back healthy for the Vikings, the Bears have the worst starter in the NFC North.

Even as pro-Bear as Jim is, he's pretty critical of Fields' inability to read defenses.

Today? Wouldn't trade him for anyone. We have a game Saturday and that's not enough time to learn the offense. After the playoffs? Still nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Even as pro-Bear as Jim is, he's pretty critical of Fields' inability to read defenses.
    Fields is the most talented physically in the division, but he's probably the worst out of himself, Love, Goff and Cousins. Cousins was having a pretty good season before the injury. Goff is good if he isn't under a lot of pressure.
    I can name 10 QBs who are better players than Fields, but not 10 who are more physically gifted. There's a difference.

Mahomes is fine. His receivers and OL have really let him down and it's showing this year. They brought in different OTs and they haven't been good (or healthy) and the only receiver outside of Kelce that is trustworthy is a rookie (Rashee Rice). Toney and Moore and MVS have not been major contributors unless you mean contributors to a loss. They have something called Justin Watson catching passes at this point because their receivers are so inconsistent. They tried bringing back Mecole Hardman. Get Mahomes another good WR so he has better options and he'll be cooking again. He's still good.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Listening to Pat & Jim about the Bears. They said if Cousins comes back healthy for the Vikings, the Bears have the worst starter in the NFC North.
    They're right and it's not even debatable. Talent is not greatness. If it were just talent, Fields is elite. He is this generation's Jeff George without the personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Mahomes is fine. His receivers and OL have really let him down and it's showing this year. They brought in different OTs and they haven't been good (or healthy) and the only receiver outside of Kelce that is trustworthy is a rookie (Rashee Rice). Toney and Moore and MVS have not been major contributors unless you mean contributors to a loss. They have something called Justin Watson catching passes at this point because their receivers are so inconsistent. They tried bringing back Mecole Hardman. Get Mahomes another good WR so he has better options and he'll be cooking again. He's still good.
    This. People who don't know football don't comprehend how important the other 10 guys are on offense. They'll get a new tackle, a new receiver, and he'll win another MVP.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This interview alone shows what we got. Did you ever hear Rodgers refer to his teammates as his brothers like this?

hi

Rodgers talked this way at that point in his career. Had cookouts with the offense. He became diva as he turned 37 and the guys around him were 25.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.