Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight up trade, QB for QB, who would you take for Love, TODAY?

Straight up trade, QB for QB, who would you take for Love, TODAY?

Title.

Who in the league would you trade Love for TODAY, one for one.

Mahomes? Mahomes, might be better today, but Love's got more years in him.
    Allen? Allen's more dynamic running, but Love's got more years ahead of him and has a better head-space.
    Hurts? Not after yesterday.
    Purdy? I don't buy he's better than the Love Machine.
    Tua? Lol.
    Murray? Lolol.
    Rodgers? GTFOH

I should probably wait for the season to end, but fuck it, uncertainty is part of the fun.

Let's hear it.

Would you trade him to Chicago for the right to draft Williams or Mayes???
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I don't think I'd trade Love for any of them. Like you said, he's younger than Mahomes and less mistake prone than Allen. Burrow is great, but injury prone. I haven't seen Stroud enough to judge him yet.

Weird fact: Mahomes will be playing in his 1st true road playoff game this weekend. He's always been at home in postseason except for neutral sites at Super Bowls.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

hahahahaha You left out Dak, Fields, and Lamar Jackson. No, I wouldn't take them or any of those others for Love who at this point looks likely to be the third consecutive Packer H.O.F. QB.

Mahomes, Allen, and Jackson might be close, but other than that, not even close.

Rodgers? I've said, I expect 3-5 or more excellent years still in the tank for Rodgers. But Love is worth a helluva lot more than that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Would you trade him to Chicago for the right to draft Williams or Mayes???
    Fuck no.

We KNOW we have a really good to excellent qb whose ceiling is apparently very, perhaps astronomically, high. Why trade that for another unknown?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't think I'd trade Love for any of them. Like you said, he's younger than Mahomes and less mistake prone than Allen. Burrow is great, but injury prone. I haven't seen Stroud enough to judge him yet.

Weird fact: Mahomes will be playing in his 1st true road playoff game this weekend. He's always been at home in postseason except for neutral sites at Super Bowls.
    That is a crazy stat, wow

Mahomes.
    Chargers guy.
    Josh Allen.
    Lamar.

It’s hard to say. Longevity and consistency matter.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fuck no.

We KNOW we have a really good to excellent qb whose ceiling is apparently very, perhaps astronomically, high. Why trade that for another unknown?
    I was thinking of the salary cap aspect. A cheap young QB on the rise for five years.

But I take your point.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Mahomes.
    Chargers guy.
    Josh Allen.
    Lamar.

It’s hard to say. Longevity and consistency matter.
    Herbert is a maybe, he's younger than Allen and Mahomes, but I'm not sold he's The Guy and I'm not convinced he's better than Love.

Lamar is more dynamic and can be a game-changer, but as it stands today, I think Love is a better qb and has more good years in front of him. Lamar could be wrecked any given play.

Fields isn't a good Quarterback. I wouldn't trade Gardner Minschew for Justin Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Fields isn't a good Quarterback. I wouldn't trade Gardner Minschew for Justin Fields.
    Yup.

The Bears are stupid if they give up on Fields. Fields IS a good QB. But then it's not like the Bears don't have a long history of stupidity. The Bears still suck, but Fields, not so much. (no way in hell I'd trade Love for him though, not even if they threw in a couple #1s)

Maybe Stroud. No one else.

I forgot Hollywood Joe too.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    P-Ma is only 28 - 3 years older than Love. Still a decade of prime years left for 15. Chefs would be dumb as fuck if they traded 15 straight up for Love at this moment in space-time.

As of late, Love has no doubt been a-rocking with the awesomeness of Coldplay. But as Butte said, it’s still too early to anoint Love is as the next great rock thrower of the Pack. Whether or not Love is truly “him,” as social media has been insisting since the Dallas game, time will eventually expose the truth.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 01-17-2024 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Listening to Coldplay.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    And before anyone calls me a hater, I (along with Harrell) voted “Great Black Hope” (Hall of Famer) in the other thread.

The future of the Pack appears bright - brighter than that of a 41 year old burger flipper, for sure. I’d take a fluke ring, but if Love could win more than a fluke ring in the Green and Mustard Yellow in my lifetime, I’d be ecstatic.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I'd rather keep Love, but if Love wanted a trade and other team was willing to trade their QB:
    Mahomes
    Lamar
    Burrow
    maybe Stroud or Herbert

It's not a long list. Love needs more games but he's been getting better and better lately. I hope he isn't a flash-in-the-pan type like RG3 (I don't think he is), but a lot of other smart people seem to think he's both good and a franchise QB.

I'd trade Minshew for Fields, but that's about who I'd trade for Fields. I think he'd be a great backup for Lamar, and might be good with the right offense. He might be good fit in ATL. You have to give him a good OL and cater your offense to his skills. CHI didn't really do that well, and they generally ruin QBs by rushing them onto the field with subpar surrounding talent. As it is, Fields is not a top 10 QB and I'm not sure if he will be. He might be Marcus Mariota (or other similar QB) v2.0.

K.C. fans must be wondering if Mahomes has plateaued and is gonna start to fade, or if he's just had some bad luck or whatever this year (bad luck might be spelled mvs hahahaha). Stroud has been better than I expected, and he's only a rookie. I think, though, he won't prove to be as durable as Love.

I say again, ya'all are selling Fields short. He's for sure the second best QB in the division - better than either Goff or Cousins. Not top 10? There might be 6 or 8 better, but I doubt 10.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What the hell is wrong with Georgie pulling a bretsky level trolling like this. Like TO said, that my quarterback! Now I hope this happens when he is walking to the game with his ticket in hand:

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    K.C. fans must be wondering if Mahomes has plateaued and is gonna start to fade, or if he's just had some bad luck or whatever this year (bad luck might be spelled mvs hahahaha). Stroud has been better than I expected, and he's only a rookie. I think, though, he won't prove to be as durable as Love.

I say again, ya'all are selling Fields short. He's for sure the second best QB in the division - better than either Goff or Cousins. Not top 10? There might be 6 or 8 better, but I doubt 10.
    Listening to Pat & Jim about the Bears. They said if Cousins comes back healthy for the Vikings, the Bears have the worst starter in the NFC North.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston