Thread: Pain

Pain

9 years ago today. I will never forget. I am still haunted by this. I was in a funk for weeks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...rsary_of_this/

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    9 years ago today. I will never forget. I am still haunted by this. I was in a funk for weeks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...rsary_of_this/
    That was the moment the worm turned.

It was horrible.

But think too about how much the game has changed. Back then, coaches generally took the points and so rarely went for the TD on fourth and goal. Now it’s de rigeur.

I still think one of the keys calls was when the Pack had the ball and the lead and had a chance to run out the clock. First down, Starks gets four or five yards, maybe six. McCarthy in a perfect position to call for play action, as Seattle was biting hard on the run. Chance to put the game in the hands of the best player in the game, hobbled though he was.

But no. Fat Mike ran two more times into the teeth of that defense. His sphincter had shriveled up tight.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

There were a lot of critical things that had to happen for SEA to win... it was almost like a statistically near-impossible series of events.
    Remember Peppers telling Burnett to give himself up on the pick? Some thought he could have possibly housed it.

It was a terrible terrible loss. That was easily one of the better GB teams of the 2010's. Between this and the Fail Mary it takes something like the Bears playing the Seahawks for me not to root against them.

I don't think the relationship between McCarthy and Rodgers ever fully recovered from McCarthy taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands with a chance to ice the game. Rodgers was practically playing on one leg, and had not had a good game, but he had been the league MVP that year. I can still remember how ticked off Rodgers looked and sounded in his postgame PC.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't think the relationship between McCarthy and Rodgers ever fully recovered from McCarthy taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands with a chance to ice the game. Rodgers was practically playing on one leg, and had not had a good game, but he had been the league MVP that year. I can still remember how ticked off Rodgers looked and sounded in his postgame PC.
    Can’t say I blame him. Seattle had, I don’t know, seven or eight guys in the box. One or maybe two first downs would’ve iced the game. And at that point, the Green Bay defense was reeling. Mikey was just too scared to go after that win.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Brandon Bostic needed therapy after all the bullying he took on social media. I follow him on Twitter. He’s recovered.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Don’t know why you’d bring that up now because most of us are currently in dream mode.
    Thanks for reminding me of that nightmare, I’ve always called the game “the Bostick Blunder.”

At this point in time I’d rather dream of knocking off the 9ers and making it to the NFC Championship game again.

Never gonna click that link Dan.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Brandon Bostic needed therapy after all the bullying he took on social media. I follow him on Twitter. He’s recovered.
    It's sad that so many people landed on that single play and player as deserving all the blame. There were so, so many moments in which either the players or coaches failed (the special teams blunder on the fake field goal, McCarthy's way-too-conservative coaching decisions), that it's unfair to pin it all on one play and one player.

That'd be like me blaming Joe Barely for every single thing that goes wrong with the defense.

Oh, wait. Never mind.

KYPack

We lost because Fatso started playing prevent D before the 4th quarter even started. Then when it got close he figured a defense that he checked out of Hotel Intensity could still use their room key to get back in. They couldn't. They played on their heels for 3 possessions and no way they could ratchet it up on the 4th possession. Prevent D is the dumbest thing in the world. You know who rarely goes into prevent mode. Belicheck.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.