View Poll Results: If you had to bet 1,000 on the game, would you take San Fran and the Points, or Green Bay ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would lay my 1G down that San Fran wins by 10 more more points

1 9.09%
  • I would lay my 1G down that GB loses by less than 10, or wins

10 90.91%

Thread: GAMBLING DEGENERATES THREAD----YOUR $1,000 bet---

Blog Entries

GAMBLING DEGENERATES THREAD----YOUR $1,000 bet---

Interesting that the Niners are 9.5 point favorites.

If you had to lay 1G down either way, do you bet San Fran wins by 10 points or more, OR Green Bay Covers the spread ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Since November game vs Chargers, Packers 6-0 ATS as underdogs. Since Chiefs, 3-0 straight up when 6+ point underdogs.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I take the Packers and the points.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    1. When I bet, I never picked road dogs.
    2. Take the Pack and points

I'd find a place to put it on SF with no points, because with my luck in gambling, that would insure a Packers win.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Some hero bet a cool mil last year on the Chargers to win when they were up 27-0, and lost it all when the Jags came back to win.

His payout would've been $40k

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fuck that, I will bet straight up, Packers win!!

Bobble put 100 on pack to win it all at 1:100 odds. If we win this game, he’s feeling really good about a possible 10k pay day.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Dillon is a mudder. Even on a non rain day, the old school tradition grass field at Levi’s stadium is less sure than most fields on the nfl. On a rain day, it’s a slip n slide. Dillon is a bonafide proven mudder and he has fresh legs. An hour before the game, inactives are released. An hour before the game we’ll know how much rain is going to be pissing from the heavens.

If Levi’s is getting pissed on, and Dillon is playing, my bet is going to be the over on whatever they predict for Dillon. You can run on these guys and I think Dillon will will quickly establish himself as the hot hand in an old school natural grass mud game.

Bet $500 on the Packers to win straight up and the return is $2250.
    That’s juicy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Bet $500 on the Packers to win straight up and the return is $2250.
    That’s juicy!!
    Nice!!! I’ll be cheering for you!!!!

Double digits would mean the 49ers are just on a different level. That's simply not the case. I'll also add in that the NFL hates blowouts (it hurts ratings). If we are down 14 late look for a random flag or 2 to keep a drive going. Back door covers are a real thing.

That being said, we are going to win outright. Its like +400 right now. To me that is huge value. I'm confident we have a much better than 20% chance to win this game.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    I've been watching a Netflix series called SHELDON. Childhood prodigy genius who pretty much only thinks logically, and ignores any and all emotion. That is what I'm doing in here.

I see a bunch of over the top fans subscribing to Texaid (Extreme Tex Homerism combined with spiked kool aide)

GB has had a great ride, but SF is the superior team. I expect Mccaffrey to have at least 150 combined yards and either 1 and likely 2 TD's. I expect the real defense to step up today and as always there will be a home field advantage.

I'm thinking about 34 to 20 San Fran.

But I'll be very happy to be wrong..
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I expect some guys to come break Bretsky’s thumbs when he can’t pay his traitorous bet.

Yep. The thing about sheldon is that he is usually right. Bretsky was wrong. We should have won outright. +10 was never in doubt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Yep. The thing about sheldon is that he is usually right. Bretsky was wrong. We should have won outright. +10 was never in doubt.

EVERYBODY seems to be ignoring a VERY key factor here, and what should have been our EZ ticket to beating San Fran.
    . I
    Deebo Samuel was a major part of their game plan and is an absoulute stud. He got injured right away and IMO that changed everything IMO. It should have been our free ticket to the win

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

I was wondering if I was the only one who watched it; entertaining series

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I was wondering if I was the only one who watched it; entertaining series
    I prefer The Big Bang Theory, which depicts the adult Sheldon - he who prefers coitus once year.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 01-22-2024 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Watching The Big Bang Theory.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    EVERYBODY seems to be ignoring a VERY key factor here, and what should have been our EZ ticket to beating San Fran.
    . I
    Deebo Samuel was a major part of their game plan and is an absoulute stud. He got injured right away and IMO that changed everything IMO. It should have been our free ticket to the win
    Agree 100%. But like any good team they had a guy step up.

I watch the show a little here and there. Not religiously. Like APB I loved Big Bang. I'm a geek at heart.

Blog Entries
    So how much did you win Bobble?