Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL DIVISION ROUND PACKER 49ER GAMEDAY THREAD

THE OFFICIAL DIVISION ROUND PACKER 49ER GAMEDAY THREAD

Well, it's after midnight now, which makes it GAMEDAY.

Probable wet sloppy evening, no dome in Frisco - go figure that one hahahaha. Here's hoping (and I'm thinking) the Packers are better equipped to play in those conditions.

As I said several times, we beat a better team last week so we ought to be able to beat the Niners this week.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The Skinny from Reporters on Ringside is that our Packers won’t last 2 rounds.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 01-20-2024 at 01:22 AM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Go Pack Go!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Coloratura
    The place we dreamed about
    The melodies inside yourself
    And Love come pouring out
    And everyone's allowed
    We're feathered by the crowd

In the end, it's all about
    The Love you're sending out

Packers 72
    Gold Diggers 0

Power to the Packers!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Well, it's after midnight now, which makes it GAMEDAY.

Probable wet sloppy evening, no dome in Frisco - go figure that one hahahaha. Here's hoping (and I'm thinking) the Packers are better equipped to play in those conditions.

As I said several times, we beat a better team last week so we ought to be able to beat the Niners this week.
    Damn, Tex, you waste no time.

Better take a nap after being up so late. Your wife will be waiting in her green-and-gold nightie when you wake up.

As I wrote elsewhere, it's been a long time since we've experienced a Packer team with this kind of vibe. That gives me hope - maybe it's the Niners who will tighten up, being the overwhelming favorites and all. Or maybe they'll kick the Packers's ass.

Either way, what a fun season!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Don’t be too big for the moment as it’s just another game. Rest vs Rust will surely be mentioned so I’d take the ball and keep the same style as Vs Lions/Chiefs/Cowboys.

We’re gonna need another big game from Jones - 20 for 120.
    We’re gonna need a clean game from Jordan and spread it out.
    We’re gonna need to defend against their 3 receiving threats (Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk) and contain Christian.
    We’re gonna need 2+ turnovers and possibly a defensive TD.
    And we can’t miss any kicks/PATs.

There are 3 outcomes to this game:
    1) Packers win: AWESOME

2) Packers lose but close: still a great year and very excited for the future

3) Packers lose and it’s not close: fire Joe Barry, still a great year and very excited for the future

House Money

I’m bullish on the Pack and if we can play ahead of the sticks (on schedule) I think we go up 14-0 pretty quick and then hold on for a 24-23 victory.

Let’s fucking go

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Don’t be too big for the moment as it’s just another game. Rest vs Rust will surely be mentioned so I’d take the ball and keep the same style as Vs Lions/Chiefs/Cowboys.

We’re gonna need to defend against their 3 receiving threats (Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk) and contain Christian.

3) Packers lose and it’s not close: fire Joe Barry, still a great year and very excited for the future

House Money

I’m bullish on the Pack and if we can play ahead of the sticks (on schedule) I think we go up 14-0 pretty quick and then hold on for a 24-23 victory.

Let’s fucking go
    If the Packers get out to a 14 point lead and then have to hang on for a 1 point win, I may end up in the cardiac unit at the hospital. Much rather have them fall behind early and have them come from behind to win.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Bretsky's been quiet. I wonder if Bretsky is heartbroken that the Packers have been winning and the defense has been playing better. In Bretsky's scenario, the Packers' losing and the defense doing badly is a better future-case scenario than the other one in which the Packers roll for another week but drop from what Joe said was the 25th pick to the 29th AND save Joe Barely's job.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Damn, Tex, you waste no time.

Better take a nap after being up so late. Your wife will be waiting in her green-and-gold nightie when you wake up.

As I wrote elsewhere, it's been a long time since we've experienced a Packer team with this kind of vibe. That gives me hope - maybe it's the Niners who will tighten up, being the overwhelming favorites and all. Or maybe they'll kick the Packers's ass.

Either way, what a fun season!
    I'm always up that late or later.

As I replied to what you wrote elsewhere, the Packers should win because they are the better team and because they beat a better opponent last week, also because the probable wet field will benefit us more than them, also because there's a possible rust factor after not playing last week, just as happened to the Packers that year when we were 15-1.

Fun last third or half season maybe. It sure wasn't much fun at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post

House Money

Let’s fucking go
    If all those things happen, we win by 4 or 5 touchdowns hahahahaha. If just some of them happen, it's a decent win. It would take fucking up in just about all those areas to lose.

You're right about House Money, but better to not fritter it away anyway.

Rain has stopped in SF, but supposed to start again about 2:00. 80% chance of rain during the game. Game might come down to whichever team does a better chance of hanging onto the ball.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'm bracing for a rough day, but I will be happy with this season even with a beatdown today. We accomplished the mission for 2023... and we have a chance for more.

HOUSE. MONEY. Let's go!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok you skanks, I yelled and shook my fist at the sky so the rain would go West from me and it left. It will be wet, there will be blood!

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

My Brain says this is where the Cinderella story ends. I mean, come on, SF has treated us like an abused spouse. Shannahan isn't fat mike. They are tough and experienced....but the heart wants what the heart wants and I want to reverse history and play SF as the lower seed and send them home for the off season.

First play, channel Krapernick. Read option (that really is just the QB option) to Jones and Love keep the ball and sprint around the end for 50 yards or so. They know we want to establish the run. They are wary of MiLFs history of the bomb first play. We have never put a QB keeper on tape that I can think of. Reverse history. Its been a season of symmetry compared to 2010, now we need a little ying to yang with Love channeling the only positive thing I can say about that kneeling piece of shit. He can run.

GoPackGo. We are too young to realize that we shouldn't be here much less win. Pack 37 SF 24
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I made a mudder parlay.

25 to win 2,200 for me
    190 to win 15k for my brother

We’ll see what happens.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I don’t usually drag my bro in unless I feel good. Last time he bet with me we were 1 leg away on an 8 leg. Marriotta played a shit game for the titans against the worst team in the league at the time (broncos) and fucked him out of 10k that time.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm always up that late or later.

As I replied to what you wrote elsewhere, the Packers should win because they are the better team and because they beat a better opponent last week, also because the probable wet field will benefit us more than them, also because there's a possible rust factor after not playing last week, just as happened to the Packers that year when we were 15-1.

Fun last third or half season maybe. It sure wasn't much fun at the start.

KYPack

'Super soaker of a game': 49ers-Packers forecast looks very wet.”

“The National Weather Service is warning of “moderate impact” on Saturday evening with over a 75% chance of rain predicted for most of the game.”

Purdy has very small hands that let him down in his last rain game

A lot of those screens are kind of hit or miss as far as how clean the look is setting up. Lots of last second movement needs to be made as soon as that ball is caught. Easy to slip trying to get going on a muddy look and a muddy field.

I just don’t see this field playing to sf favor.

I don’t see it playing to Aaron jones either. Maybe Patrick Taylor has a surprise big day.

Love has huge bad weather hands a big arm. We should throw a little better. Guys who rely less on cutting are Watson, Musgrave, Patrick Taylor….

It’s gonna be a weird game no matter what. We’ll see.