Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs 49ers

More Banjo - Packers vs 49ers

Jordan Love - 194 passing yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 72.4 passer rating.

Aaron Jones - 108 yards rushing

Romeo Doubs - 4 catches, 83 yards

Packers only 2-5 in red zone

Live and learn game for Love.

Defense gave up 10-16 3rd down conversions.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Tough game to lose. We outplayed the 49ers for almost the whole night.

San Fran out played us in the 4th and it really shouldn’t have mattered. If Carlson makes the FG we have a minute to get in position to kick a FG for the win. Love wouldn’t have had to force the last throw. He could have pulled it down and ran for 10 yards.

We just couldn’t finish the deal.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Pondering thoughts

We pretty much outplayed SF for nearly all of the game; I felt like we had a pass to take the win once Deebo Samuel went out for the game.

Gotta get those picks; but you HAVE to have a RELIABLE KICKED if you are going to make the playoffs
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I kinda felt early on we were going to lose because all the lucky breaks were going the 49ers way, and it ended up being the case. Even still, we almost won. We were the better team tonight, except at the end when it mattered most.

Defense wore down. And that’s a really tough matchup for Love. SF has some really good, veteran players in the back 7 and they knocked him out of his comfort zone with their coverages.

All those young receivers and tight ends and Love got so many valuable snaps. They’re going to be able to really expand the offense next year. The OL is young and in tact. The offenses arrow is pointing straight up.

As much as we like the receivers, it’s so rare to have two good tight ends. Kraft and Musgrave are so athletic and talented. They’re going to be unstoppable once they know what they’re doing.

Great season!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

LVN has a ton of upside.
    Brooks is at minimum a good depth piece
    Wyatt is a good depth piece
    Wooden looks like a good depth piece
    Clark hasn’t lost anything
    Preston is still playing really well
    Gary will be better a year removed from the ACL

With some big jumps from the rookies, we might have an elite front next year. None of them could get better too. Who knows. But there is a lot of reason for optimism there.

Valentine is a good player. He’s likely to be a legit starting corner. Maybe Jaire gets healthy. I’d resign savage. Nixon isn’t bad at nickle. You want to add a safety and a corner though.

I know it’s wishful thinking after two amazing drafts, but if Gute gets one more good one, especially on the defensive side, we’re gonna be fucking beasts.

Great season and a lot of reason for optimism going forward!!

And Gute just keeps adding to that front. Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Tough game to lose. We outplayed the 49ers for almost the whole night.

San Fran out played us in the 4th and it really shouldn’t have mattered. If Carlson makes the FG we have a minute to get in position to kick a FG for the win. Love wouldn’t have had to force the last throw. He could have pulled it down and ran for 10 yards.

We just couldn’t finish the deal.
    Love could've pulled the ball down and run for ten yards anyway. They had the timeouts to do that.

Love did not play a great game. He missed some easy throws.

Defense not being able to haul in those easy interceptions was also a factor.

Carlson's miss a factor, for sure. But was that a shitty snap, too? Was it all on him?

I also think The Flower got away from Jones around the third or fourth quarter. He needed to keep feeding Jones the ball.

Lots of moments that, had a play been made, it'd ended differently. It was a team effort, this loss.

Son of a bitch.

But they played SF tough, not like that 2019 game. It was a solid effort from a young team.

Guter needs to nail this next draft.

And once again, the goddamn defense could NOT get pressure on the opposing QB when it counted. Purdy had too much damn time.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Love could've pulled the ball down and run for ten yards anyway. They had the timeouts to do that.

Love did not play a great game. He missed some easy throws.

Defense not being able to haul in those easy interceptions was also a factor.

Carlson's miss a factor, for sure. But was that a shitty snap, too? Was it all on him?

I also think The Flower got away from Jones around the third or fourth quarter. He needed to keep feeding Jones the ball.

Lots of moments that, had a play been made, it'd ended differently. It was a team effort, this loss.

Son of a bitch.

But they played SF tough, not like that 2019 game. It was a solid effort from a young team.

Guter needs to nail this next draft.

And once again, the goddamn defense could NOT get pressure on the opposing QB when it counted. Purdy had too much damn time.
    This is definitley what happened from what I saw too. I know at least one person here was mostly sober.

Everyone tightens up at the end of games. I would have hoped JLove not having won anything yet would run and take the hit that ARod didn't do as he got older. Time will tell, but I think he has shown enough that he might be the guy long term. I think he deserves a fair contract and a shot at it, at least.

It's hard not to be optimistic about the future of the team. They're looking up and have a pretty good window here. They need to improve the pass rush and OL. Love was under pressure all night.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In spite of so many thing going 49ers way Pack had the 1 seed down with 2 minutes left. Both sides of the ball couldn’t get it done at the end. It was still a great season. A little sad yeah but not worried about the future because there will be more chances.

Welp, I guess it's safe to post here again. I've been in hiatus since the Pack went back to a winning streak and didn't want to mess up a good thing.

What a season! So close and it figures they lose to the 49ers....again. Packers are the Achilles heel of the Cowboys and the 49ers are the same for the Packers. I think that's my biggest issue with what happened last night; the Packers seem to never be able to get past the 49ers.

This team had so many ups and downs this year, but finally toward the end of the season, I saw enough out of Love and the younger guys, that the Packers should be at least competitive for the next few years.

Moving on, it'll be interesting to see what moves this team makes going forward, specifically:

Defense Coordinator and defensive staff: Barry is gone methinks and there maybe a cleaning of house here.
    Kicker: Ugh, that was brutal all year. I don't know what to do here. Is there a better kicker coming out in the draft? Will there be a veteran available that's at least consistent? Seems like Carlson missed at least one kick a game, whether it was an extra point or a FG. Can't have that.
    Draft: Packers have proven they can fill in some gaps with the draft. I'm excited to see what they do.
    Veterans: It'll be interesting to see what this team does with some of the higher paid, getting older veterans (P. Smith, A. Jones, Bakhtiari, etc.)
    Free Agency: Who do they keep, who do they go after? It should be fun to watch.

See ya around Packer Rats

Anders the kicker blew it for us, kid missed 2 FG that killed us.

And Love didn’t play as well as he did in Dallas.

End of story, felt this pain many times over the years.

Wendell Ferreira
    @wendellfp

Just another classic #Packers season.

- Good QB play
    - Bad defense
    - Bad special teams
    - Swept the Bears
    - Split with the Vikings
    - Beat the Cowboys
    - Lost to the 49ers
    - Heartbreaking playoff elimination

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This.

Coulda' woulda' shoulda'

Niners beat the Packers with the Packers helping to beat the Packers.

Special teams wasn't bad other than FGs. Conditions were bad, but Carlson's been shaky all year.

Nixon's return was key. Coverage was okay. Punts were solid.

The loss at least is a likely nail in Barry’s coffin. The defense could not get off the field on third down. We got some pressure on Purdy, but he’s far better than Dak at handling it. The weather was a bit of an equalizer for us, and losing Deebo was a huge blow to SF. There opportunities to win were there, but the young kids couldn’t take advantage. Great learning experience to build on. Love needs to learn when to use his legs. He should be running the ball more often. That should be an emphasis this off season. He seems to rely on throwing too much when chances to grab 5-10 yards are there to run for.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

well, we weren't suppose to make the playoffs, so we shouldn't have even been in this game. so its cool we made it this far with a team so young

on the other hand, we had so many opportunities to win, and we didn't get it done

tough game to lose, but not heart breaking

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agreed Red. Put a scare in ‘em and likely softened them up for the lions.

4 years ago when Packers lost to 49ers in the playoffs, it felt like Packers didn't even belong in the game.

2 years ago, it felt like the end of an era.

This year feels like they're just getting started.