Boy that Niner D was playing with their hair on fire - especially Lenoir and Greenlaw. Thought the OL was decent enough against a very good and deep defensive front. Love looked a little uncomfortable back there for chunks of the game, I think the Niners had much better coverage than Dallas did. This will be one of those games that Love hopefully reviews like he did his first KC game and learns from.

I felt like SF was the more physical team, but GB wasn't backing down. Savage had a tough game, but in coverage, tackling, and the dropped pick was the cherry on the sundae. Campbell looks a step slow, injury or not. I have to think strengthening the spine of the defense - specifically at LB and S - will be a draft goal.
MLF called a decent game, I felt like GB gave SF all it could handle and showed they belonged. I don't think DAL would have fared better. This was a game of missed chances, and that can kill you in the playoffs.

Aaron Jones had a monster game. Some of his runs that won't show in the game log as big runs were practically heroic. Play him the 1st 4 games of the year, wrap him in plastic for the next 8, and then unwrap him for the end of season/deep playoff run next year lol. McCafferey is a monster because of his versatility, balance and agility, but you could argue Jones was the better back tonight. He was at least his equal.

SF left me thinking they have real vulnerabilities, and if it's BAL vs. SF in the SB I'd take BAL. Purdy is good but he's a bit of a system guy who can execute that offense better than Garropolo or Tua even though he's less talented than either. I thought he was shaky this game, and I wonder if it was rain or rust or GB's defense.

No idea what this does for Barry. I don't think the loss is on Barry specifically, they didn't give up 200+ yards on the ground, Purdy had to throw more than 8 times etc. I think you have to look at his entire body of work - this game as well as the NYG game, or the game vs. PHI last year when they gave up 300+ or the game vs. TEN last year to an ugly offense, or... plenty of highs and lows. My personal preference is for them to move on and find a new DC, but I don't have a vote in MLF's choices lol

I feel bad about the Carlsson kid. People are going to say all kinds of things about him. Meh. The missed FG was a big deal, but it's not like other plays mattered as much or more. Orzech's snaps haven't been great either. I do think they will bring competition for him into camp, it would be crazy not to.
Nixon as a returner can be wildly entertaining, and terrifying.

Overall a good season with a lot of positives (Love, rookies, sweeping da Bears, playoffs?!, beating DAL) but a loss is always tough. Looking forward to the draft and next season. Roster decision and cap mgmt will be fascinating, after 2024 they should have their major cap hits cleared.