Thread: Thoroughly impressed with the future...well done to the youngest team to ever be in it

Thoroughly impressed with the future...well done to the youngest team to ever be in it

Love.

Well done young man. Proven yourself in an environment that one of the greatest field tilters we've ever had has struggled in due to his issues being a fan in youth that his competitive spirit couldn't conquer ala Favre with his Boys. Poise is a trait this man possess better than anyone I've seen in this league. My next beef is precision passing and decision making and letting the offense develop so you can Brock Purdy your way to greatness in an offense that is currently very difficult to defend.

7 pass catchers 2 tight ends that can actually play the position a receiver room that is actually much better than peak 2011 success will be provided the growth with Love continues.

Last few weeks has revealed how rodgers doesn't get the game from a coaching perspective. Lafluer set him up for success in a way that rodgers modified to his talents and it was epic success. But this guy in this offense exceeds all that provided his decision making and accuracy improve. Essential. Otherwise we got a purdy dak hurts problem we gotta pay for 10byears. The team has to carry the qb and in this system it may be successful but that's not how elite guys make themselves known.

This team is great. Unexpectedly and from nowhere like a fucking light flicked on and they said it's time to play this game proper...

2009 cardinals vibe but way brighter future with a guy who listens and learns and develops in the way the offense was necessarily designed.

Next year we shine and Love has the opportunity to prove it with quite possibly the best arsenal this team has ever had in all of its history.

2009 cardinals vibe not 2014 seahawks puke and choke fest.

Congratulations 2023 well done Matt, Brian, and the entire team. Very well done

Also. You have great legs and not just physically beautiful haha..run the ball in situations where it is safe in the same way rodgers did. Added element that is difficult t defend but the 9ers actually expected him to take off more. Add this in key spots. We made nick bosa and Micah parsons look like jags.

Unbelievable. Don't hit your head on the ceiling jumping chasing the stars they'll come to you.

His frame also looks to me underdeveloped. Looks like he could add more muscle. I have no idea but he seems like he's lean and a little light I wonder if him adding a bit of size would give him more power with his throws. But its ultimately the decision making and accuracy that is the lack. Which was hard to watch early in the year because it led to highly inept play. And I didn't think he had the capacity to overcome that. I don't care who you are if you're slitting behind a guy and you're supposed to be the guy you can't throw screens all day and 5 yard outs.

Purdy can cos they're the better team but it's only because they've established their identity very clearly. We could beat em in a rematch in another month when the kids wake up and start producing like Jennings Jones driver Nelson Finley

Watson being the wildcard cos he's not consistent enough to produce at a high level but it's all their for him reed and doubt to just lock it down. Then you got 2 reliable guys in their second year at TE who look like players with good futures.

Lafluer outclassed shanahan. Very clearly schooled him on how to play his own offense

Love is a big kid. He’s over 220 and carries it easy. I don’t think he needs weight. He looks tough and durable the way he take contact and bounces up.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Let Barry go. Ditto, the Iranian Stallion (Bak). Get new bloods at safety. Replace Campbell with a mofo. Re-sign Nixon. Get rid of the kicker.

And pray to the football gods, Love ain’t a fucking mirage.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 01-21-2024 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Pondering what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Love is a big kid. He’s over 220 and carries it easy. I don’t think he needs weight. He looks tough and durable the way he take contact and bounces up.
    He'll fill out a little bit more as he ages, but I agree. He's 6-4 220, that's a little wiry but good enough size for a QB. He's a little bigger than Watson. Mahomes is listed as 6-2 225, Josh Allen 6-5 237, Lamar 6-2 215.
    I'd rather he work on his footwork and film study that bulk up.

I wouldn't mess with Love's footwork or mechanics. It's part of what made him successful. I also wouldn't mess with his size other than just whatever beefing up happens naturally.

APB (the old one not the new guy), I agree with all except I'm now only about 50/50 on Barry.

APB (the down under guy), good post(s). Your analysis and positivity are admirable.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I wouldn't mess with Love's footwork or mechanics. It's part of what made him successful. I also wouldn't mess with his size other than just whatever beefing up happens naturally.

APB (the old one not the new guy), I agree with all except I'm now only about 50/50 on Barry.

APB (the down under guy), good post(s). Your analysis and positivity are admirable.
    I wouldn’t worry too much about it in game, but I think there is a lot of value in the off-season of doing it right. It builds that muscle memory and I think when you have a great feel of how the ball comes off when throwing from an ideal base, it becomes easier to make this adjustments when you’re off a little.

Zero worry in game. But keep perfecting those fundamentals in the offseason
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    He'll fill out a little bit more as he ages, but I agree. He's 6-4 220, that's a little wiry but good enough size for a QB. He's a little bigger than Watson. Mahomes is listed as 6-2 225, Josh Allen 6-5 237, Lamar 6-2 215.
    I'd rather he work on his footwork and film study that bulk up.
    Agreed. And watch that SF film over and over, and learn from it. Soak it in.

It was a fun season. Most fun I've had watching the Packers in a long, long time.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

^ Yup. Best season in a looooong time.

hahahahaha Yeah, the best since '20 and '21, a whole game better than last year by a whole game.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Funny!

Actually if you count the playoff win they were two games better
    AND
    with 100% less QB drama re: retirement, McAfee (Kimmel, REMOVED etc.), young receivers not doing what they're supposed to and thus not belonging on the field, etc.
    I found that nonsense a distraction and unproductive to the team, I can only imagine how the people in the building felt.

Last year's team was hanging on, this year's team was gaining momentum. This year's team was a rollercoaster for sure, lots of highs and lows. Would have been easy for casual fans to leave this team for dead at 2-5.

Next year's expectations will be high, no guarantee they'll play as well, but I'm optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Funny!

Actually if you count the playoff win they were two games better
    AND
    with 100% less QB drama re: retirement, McAfee (Kimmel, REMOVED etc.), young receivers not doing what they're supposed to and thus not belonging on the field, etc.
    I found that nonsense a distraction and unproductive to the team, I can only imagine how the people in the building felt.

Last year's team was hanging on, this year's team was gaining momentum. This year's team was a rollercoaster for sure, lots of highs and lows. Would have been easy for casual fans to leave this team for dead at 2-5.

Next year's expectations will be high, no guarantee they'll play as well, but I'm optimistic.
    Yeah, no doubt this season was MuCH better than last year's.