Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Studs and Dud, Opportunities Missed, Opportunities Lost Edition. Divisional Loss to the Niners

Studs and Dud, Opportunities Missed, Opportunities Lost Edition. Divisional Loss to the Niners

Stud:

MLF: Some lights out play calling and his team was ready to play.

Dud:

MLF: Some brain-dead clock management decisions among and some other bad decisions.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Love’s game in the clutch made skinbasket hard. Threw behind Kraft for pick. Threw behind Jones when he coulda just ran for 1st. Last throw was the mother of all fuck ups. Bluntly put, Love choked in the clutch.

The Norwegian kicker sucks. Also choked in the clutch.

Packers need new bloods at safety. 21 Savage and Michael Phelps’ husband are serviceable at times but both ain’t hip hop.

Goddamn. Why do playoffs losses hurt so much?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Dud: Matt Orzech. Put one snap on the ground, and on the missed FG, looked like the snap was off line. Not sure if it affected the kick or not.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Duds

Carlson. Lots of shit went wrong but getting FG in a playoff game should be almost automatic. I like many others said this guy would cost us when it mattered most and it did.

Snapper -I thought it was Purdy snapping the ball the way it was off target. Made Carlson bad night guaranteed.

Stud: 2023 season outcome.

Replace a 1st ballot hof with a 1st year starter and have youngest team in playoff history and win
    Oline replaces borderline hof lt and improves .
    Injured to beat heck and improved.

Guys, Packer life is good.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Blog Entries
    Stud

Aaron Jones had me believing. Got 100yd vs D that hadn’t let anyone do that in forever. He put it all out there.

Romeo like Jones was killing it. Where did he go?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Stud: 2023 season outcome.

Replace a 1st ballot hof with a 1st year starter and have youngest team in playoff history and win
    Oline replaces borderline hof lt and improves .
    Injured to beat heck and improved.

Guys, Packer life is good.
    Grief is okay now. WE have all offseason to gain perspective.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Grief is okay now. WE have all offseason to gain perspective.
    Sure, but for the 1st time since 2016 I'm okay with a playoff loss.

I honestly expected that we would collapse yesterday, but we didn't.
    Everything about that game was a win except the scre
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Was a tough loss even though the regualr season finish and rapid development curve of Love and the rookies gives a lot of optimism for the future. This season was a helluva journey.

Absolutely hate losing to the NFCW in the playoffs though. GB had opportunities to win this game and couldn't capitalize.

Blog Entries
    Almost forgot, Stud - TexasPackerBacker - When rats couldn't get a streak going for shit, Tex reluctantly stepped in and went for probably the 8th or 9th longest game thread streak in PR history. I would also say one of the most unexpected. The season started rough, but he never gave up hope even when us shitheads were being negativist .

Thanks. I'm humbled, and that hardly ever happens hahahaha. I'm predicting I won't do this next year because the Packers go 17-0 into the playoffs so whoever starts the season goes the distance. Ya'all heard it here first.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Thanks. I'm humbled, and that hardly ever happens hahahaha. I'm predicting I won't do this next year because the Packers go 17-0 into the playoffs so whoever starts the season goes the distance. Ya'all heard it here first.
    In Butte’s first playoff experience as “him,” he choked in the clutch. Overthrowing a WIDE OPEN Greg Jennings in OT before fumbling away the season (the latter, there shoulda been a flag - fuck the refs). Next season, Butte led Pack to the Promised Land.

Love’s first dance as “him,” same shit - choked in the clutch. Will the Cinderella Love story conclude with a fairytale ending next season?

I would love to bear witness to a Packers-Jesters Super Bowl.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 01-22-2024 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Writing lyrics.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Dud: Matt Orzech. Put one snap on the ground, and on the missed FG, looked like the snap was off line. Not sure if it affected the kick or not.
    Has any other team in the NFL had as hard a time finding a decent long snapper? It’s like da Bears trying to find a quarterback.

Love was really “meh.” Had one of the best throws I’ve ever seen - yo Doubs on the sideline - but APB has detailed Love’s crap throws.

Kickers are easy targets. And Carlson cost the team. But how about the TWO right-in-their-hands dropped picks by Savage and Nixon?

And, like Randy Van Wormer, just when we needed the D the most to pressure Purdy, they disappeared. Purdy got comfortable at the end of the game.

Aaron Jones was THE stud of the game.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

LACES OUT DAN!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Almost forgot, Stud - TexasPackerBacker - When rats couldn't get a streak going for shit, Tex reluctantly stepped in and went for probably the 8th or 9th longest game thread streak in PR history. I would also say one of the most unexpected. The season started rough, but he never gave up hope even when us shitheads were being negativist .

Screw Tex's half baked streak

Deebo went down, the stars were aligned, and he flat out Choked with his final thread

Who was it that led our last Super Bowl run when we won it all ? lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Off the back of the brown man!! Same as Tex you started your streak with two games left in the season.

Then you led the 15-1 season choke.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Off the back of the brown man!! Same as Tex you started your streak with two games left in the season.

Then you led the 15-1 season choke.
    I have no recollection of the second part of that
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Studs: the offense and defense

Dud. Carlson, he sucks, he's not NFL Material

19 of the 20 kickers with most points all time are between 5’10” and 6’2”

One is 6’4”

Anders is 6’5”

I looked at pics. He has normal leg length with a weird long Gumby torso.

I don’t think he has the problem of trying to get control of long limbs, but maybe his center of gravity is hard to manage with that Gumby torso he’s rocking.

I don’t know what Gute and his team of mad scientists are trying to do with these skinny tall kickers, but it’s not working.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

And his leg isn’t as strong as we’re lead to believe. The kicker in Dallas, I shit you not, sent a 59 harder 15 yards past the uprights on day I was watching. And then on the kickoff he kicked a high boomer, the type of kick I only ever see land short or at best on the goal line. His went straight out the back of the end zone.

That kid has a leg. Our guy just looks like a normal kicker who can’t make kicks.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.