Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    To his credit, the kid did come back from his misses. That's a sign of resiliency.

I don't follow the money side of the NFL very well, so I have no idea if any of the top free agent safeties would be affordable to the still-cash-strapped Packers, and I don't know if any of them have the skill set needed for either of the safety positions the Packers now will feature.

Anyone out there with more knowledge care to comment?
    The Packers have over 400 million frogskins sitting in offshore banks earning interest faster than the speed of fuck. And they’re allowed to, scam, err, sell worthless stocks to cover stadium expenses. The statement that the Packers are “cash-strapped” is inaccurate, ignorant and imprecise.

Perhaps you meant that illusion known to anyone who sucks at elementary math, the so-called “cap hell.” In truth, in an era of titanic TV contracts and fattening revenues, there’s no such fuck as a cap hell anymore in the modern NFL. But let’s pretend for a second that a cap hell somehow exists within the Packers organization.

Well, terminate the Iranian Stallion. Problem solved.

Source: Tank Elf Duke, B.S., Accounting; passer of Wisconsin CPA exams.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-05-2024 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Consulting a would-be CPA, me.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.