Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just saw we signed Andre Dillard. Loved him coming out but injuries derailed him. He had such light feet. If we got him for not too much he can olay the Yosh swing tackle role well.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Just saw we signed Andre Dillard. Loved him coming out but injuries derailed him. He had such light feet. If we got him for not too much he can olay the Yosh swing tackle role well.
    Very athletic guy who had a rough year in 2023 with Tennessee. Gave up 12 sacks. Packers may be hoping there are holes in his technique that they can improve on. Worth a shot.

Last edited by Joemailman; 04-18-2024 at 05:12 PM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Very athletic guy who had a rough year in 2023 with Tennessee. Gave up 12 sacks. Packers may be hoping there are holes in his technique that they can improve on. Worth a shot.
    Might almost suggest Gutekunst is leaning toward cornerback in Round One.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Might almost suggest Gutekunst is leaning toward cornerback in Round One.
    I don't think this signing has an effect on whether they will draft an OT in 1st round. This is just veteran depth, something they really lack.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't think this signing has an effect on whether they will draft an OT in 1st round. This is just veteran depth, something they really lack.
    Agree. Dillard has proven he is a good backup in the NFL. He has done that while starting which has been a problem for the teams that counted on him to start. Maybe our staff can get a little more out of him, but I can admit he was a swing and a miss for me. If they are signing him with any expectations of him starting I am disappointed to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Don't know how this does or does not affect the draft. I just don't.

I did read that one question on the defensive line side of the ball is where Colby Wooden ends up playing. He's listed at 273 pounds - not different than the big (what used to be) EDGE rushers. So is he a defensive end or a tackle in this new scheme?

In that same article on ACME, they noted that he "slid down the depth chart" last year.

If you're him, you better be ready to hit the ground running in training camp.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Don't know how this does or does not affect the draft. I just don't.

I did read that one question on the defensive line side of the ball is where Colby Wooden ends up playing. He's listed at 273 pounds - not different than the big (what used to be) EDGE rushers. So is he a defensive end or a tackle in this new scheme?

In that same article on ACME, they noted that he "slid down the depth chart" last year.

If you're him, you better be ready to hit the ground running in training camp.
    I think it has zero impact on the draft. Gutes probably had a high grade on Dillard coming out, still sees some athleticism and is willing to let his staff have a go at making him a serviceable swing tackle. In no way do I think he signed him to allow draft flexibility.