Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
McKinney ran a 4.63 40 with a 1.66 10 yard split. He's not a burner, unlike Savage.
ALSO unlike Savage, he has good instincts and is a sound tackler.

IOW, Savage: very good athlete, meh player; McKinney: meh athlete, very good player. Which would you prefer?
McKinney would probably not have been on GB's draft board (as a top 50 pick), but once a player has proven themselves in the league they overlook RAS. Zadarius Smith is another example - dude had a 3.75 RAS coming out of UK.

They aren't going to play Nixon at safety.

Re: Jaire, I'm not surprised. He wasn't subtle in the past about his frustration with the Barry defense. He's showing up to learn the scheme and to get a read on his new DC. Netting 700K is icing on the cake.
Before the German Shepherd traded away Douglas, my “nickel” D consisting of 23 and 21 at corner, Nixon in the slot. 26 and Douglas as safeties, and Owens and Ford as “linebackers” was pretty impregnable against online opponents. All I did was blitz all day.

McKinney seems to have game speed. If he’s a playmaker, who cares about his 40 time in real life, I guess.

It’s a given the Packers are gonna draft a safety. Let’s hope they draft one who runs like a cheetah, tackles like a lion and covers like a hyena.

And don’t say DeJean. For once, Millennials like Partial, Harrell and myself would like to see a white corner don the Green and Mustard Yellow in a regular season game. The only GM in NFL history who ain’t ever missed the playoffs, Mike Sherman, cut Kevin Kaesviharn before that could happen. Kaesviharn is the last white corner to play an NFL game…for the Kentucky Pussycats.