Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    With your CPA skills, show me how you would fit a 5 year, 5 billion dollar contract under the fictitious salary cap, apb. Spread it out and fudge the numbers. Show me you can spend unlimited cash.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    With your CPA skills, show me how you would fit a 5 year, 5 billion dollar contract under the fictitious salary cap, apb. Spread it out and fudge the numbers. Show me you can spend unlimited cash.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    RG, I agreed with you in that other thread, but I disagree with you on this one. It doesn't take a CPA to comprehend the salary cap, but CPA that he is, APB nailed it.

Take your five year pool thing: you still can push salaries on years beyond that more and more and more as the cap increases more and more and more. And teams that don't live on the edge of the cap, push it, stretch it, take full advantage of it is putting itself at a disadvantage. Ever since Ted Thompson was out as GM, the Packers have done a good job of this. The result is NOT "cap hell" or any stupidity like that. The result has been long term winning football which is strongly likely to continue.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    RG, I agreed with you in that other thread, but I disagree with you on this one. It doesn't take a CPA to comprehend the salary cap, but CPA that he is, APB nailed it.

Take your five year pool thing: you still can push salaries on years beyond that more and more and more as the cap increases more and more and more. And teams that don't live on the edge of the cap, push it, stretch it, take full advantage of it is putting itself at a disadvantage. Ever since Ted Thompson was out as GM, the Packers have done a good job of this. The result is NOT "cap hell" or any stupidity like that. The result has been long term winning football which is strongly likely to continue.
    You wouldn't call having to ship off to HOF players in two years cap hell?