Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    First, just moving into a professional program and not being a student can have a guy put on 10 pounds of muscle in an offseason, usually while shedding some fat though. If the program is specifically aimed adding 15 net pounds though, for a guy his size its probably not hard at all. When you have the resources to streamline the dietary habits and the lifting 15 pounds is nothing. I weigh in at a hardy 215 and workout modestly nowdays, but I could easily swap 15 muscle for fat or just tack on 15 in muscle if I made it a mission (and I'm 50+).
    Agree. These players have big frames and with nutrition and training can put the weight on. In many cases it's swapping out bad weight for good, or fat with muscle. If you're already 6-5 280, what's another 10 pounds? That's adding 3.5% to their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Agree. These players have big frames and with nutrition and training can put the weight on. In many cases it's swapping out bad weight for good, or fat with muscle. If you're already 6-5 280, what's another 10 pounds? That's adding 3.5% to their weight.
    I usually assume most players coming out of powerhouse football programs like Big 10 and SEC schools have already spent a few years in a very good nutrition and physical development program, but for a guy like Brooks - coming out of Bowling Green - he's probably going to benefit a great deal from NFL level conditioning and dietary programs. Could make some significant improvements there in Year One.