Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Details of Keisean Nixon contract finally out.

3 years, 18 million. 6.5 million signing bonus.

Cap hit by year:

2024: 4 million
    2025: 6.8 million
    2026:7.2 million

Would save 2.5 million on cap by cutting him in 2025 with 4.3 million dead cap.
    Would save 5 million on cap by cutting him in 2026 with 2.2million dead cap.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Details of Keisean Nixon contract finally out.

3 years, 18 million. 6.5 million signing bonus.

Cap hit by year:

2024: 4 million
    2025: 6.8 million
    2026:7.2 million

Would save 2.5 million on cap by cutting him in 2025 with 4.3 million dead cap.
    Would save 5 million on cap by cutting him in 2026 with 2.2million dead cap.
    So it's a deal that is easy to get out of in a year or two. I don't see him getting to 2026 with this contract.

Dillon's contract is good for both sides too:

Per the stipulations of the four-year qualifying contract that Dillon signed, he was allowed to earn up to $2.742 million in 2024. Dillon hit that number exactly, as he’s set to make a $2.575 million base salary with a $167,500 signing bonus. He will only count $1.29 million against the cap, though, as the four-year qualifying contract allows the Packers to pay him an uncapped $1.45 million.
    (acmepackingcompany)

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    So it's a deal that is easy to get out of in a year or two. I don't see him getting to 2026 with this contract.
    When it comes time to pay the 22 and 23 draft classes, that salary's going to have to go. He might be safe through 25, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    When it comes time to pay the 22 and 23 draft classes, that salary's going to have to go. He might be safe through 25, though.
    Agree. My guess is his skills will have diminished and they will have a new slot CB by then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Agree. My guess is his skills will have diminished and they will have a new slot CB by then anyway.
    Running back 50-60 kickoffs and punts every year puts a lot of wear and tear on a 200-pound man, too.