Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes, ILB is the biggest need. Very few of those get taken in the first round, though.

If we could get a guaranteed elite Safety, yeah, but I'm not nearly as negative about what we have as some people - Rudy Ford IMO has been excellent, Owens has been mostly good, Anthony Johnson (#36) has been decent, and as was said, Savage was ok late in the season. What I see is that all of those guys have been pretty good in this new Barry thing, 2 and 3 deep shell coverages, but single high Safety is a recipe for any of them to look bad.

For sure restructure Kenny Clark and Aaron Jones. Let Devondre Campbell go - unless insiders know something not observable about his being capable of a bounce back. They need to get the Dillon situation clarified before the draft. Yeah, I'd sign him very cheap, but I'm thinking some other team will think he's worth signing for more. If that happens, let him go and draft somebody like Braelon Allen in the 3rd round or so. Definitely tell the sacred cow to hit the road.

I would not draft an O Lineman early, no earlier than fourth. I've never been as negative about Runyan as some people, and he improved IMO late in the season. Re-sign him if it can be done without breaking the bank.

Absolutely re-sign Keisan Nixon and maybe draft a Corner in the mid rounds.

Conduct auditions for kickers. It almost certainly can't be hard to find a better one than Carlson.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

It won't hurt to lose a single one of those unrestricted guys. I suspect a couple will be back for competition on cheapish deals.

Jones and Clark will be re signed/ restructured. Campbell and Bak are gone probably. (McDuffie played pretty well and made Campbell expendable).

If I guess at the unrestricted list I would say Wilson as a core ST guy is back at minimum deal. Same for Tyler Davis if he passes a physical. Of the safeties I think with a new DC Savage is back on a prove it deal. Ford if he is cheap because he is a good ST guy at a minimum and serviceable S in a pinch.

All the restricted guys will be offered minimum deals that they have to sign.

Edit: We have zero? safeties under contract except Johnson. You can't draft 7 of them. That is part of the reason I think Ford will be back at least. Then its just a crapshoot of not great guys who are out there. Its the reason I advocated signing a stud if there is one in FA....I read an article about one guy from Cleveland I think it was.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.