Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
I know nothing about weight training, so this was a surprise to me. These guys are already workout-crazy - they have to be, in their profession - so how a guy who's already pumped up can put on another fifteen of muscle seems wild to me. But as Sergeant Schultz so famously said, "I know nussink!"

I like that idea that I think run put out there - keep an eye on guys who had down years last year but good years prior to that, and have good meausureables. That's something to watch. Don't know which players fit that, but I'll bet several of you do.
First, just moving into a professional program and not being a student can have a guy put on 10 pounds of muscle in an offseason, usually while shedding some fat though. If the program is specifically aimed adding 15 net pounds though, for a guy his size its probably not hard at all. When you have the resources to streamline the dietary habits and the lifting 15 pounds is nothing. I weigh in at a hardy 215 and workout modestly nowdays, but I could easily swap 15 muscle for fat or just tack on 15 in muscle if I made it a mission (and I'm 50+).