Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Good. Both because it saves some money and because it apparently keeps a decent player in the edge rusher rotation.
    Once again, I agree with Tex.

Geez I hope I don't start calling anyone who disagrees with me a moron and an idiot who is stupid and unfit to be a Packer fan. But maybe I'd take a Filipino wife.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I like Preson Smith. He's just so solid and he can get pressure on the passer. And a team player, apparently. Seems like a very solid dude. Glad he's back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    He is getting a 4 million sack incentive but has to get double digit sacks.

I think a guy like Preston is needed, he so damn dependable and doesn't make stupid mistakes by getting pinned inside because he got greedy, like Z. Smith did over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

I think a guy like Preston is needed, he so damn dependable and doesn't make stupid mistakes by getting pinned inside because he got greedy, like Z. Smith did over and over.
    Hopefully he won't turn into Z now that he can make millions more if he gets to double digit sacks.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

This! Has he missed a game since coming to GB? I can't think of anytime he did.

Didn't he twist his ankle or something this past season and still played the next week.

Glad he's sticking around.

As a guy with the moniker "Deputy Nutz" you clearly understand the importance of a sack.

I don't think Preston Smith will be like Z was. Seems like a different dude altogether.

KYPack

Gary restructured freeing up close to 5 million in cap space

According to Tom Silverstein Packers are talking to Aaron Jones' agent (Drew Rosenhaus), and Packers are not expected to bring back AJ Dillon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    According to Tom Silverstein Packers are talking to Aaron Jones' agent (Drew Rosenhaus), and Packers are not expected to bring back AJ Dillon.
    He seems like a good guy, Dillon, and I wish him well. But as a fan, I'm glad they're not bringing him back. He seems like just a guy - they ought to be able to draft someone who can - or can learn - to do the things he does, maybe a bit better. And maybe not have to spend a second-round pick to do it.

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He seems like a good guy, Dillon, and I wish him well. But as a fan, I'm glad they're not bringing him back. He seems like just a guy - they ought to be able to draft someone who can - or can learn - to do the things he does, maybe a bit better. And maybe not have to spend a second-round pick to do it.
    Completely agree. Great Packer person but production went down year after year. Maybe sign him to a vet minimum deal if they don’t draft or sign someone else they think can do the job.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Completely agree. Great Packer person but production went down year after year. Maybe sign him to a vet minimum deal if they don’t draft or sign someone else they think can do the job.
    Agree. He peaked early and hasn't improved since. Probably regressed even.

Dillion is way more productive as a featured back. When Jones was out I thought Dillion handled the role well. I think we expect him to be this smashmouth type player because of his size and strength but that has never been the case at the LOS he doesn't move the pile forward. He is work bringing back at a Packer friendly contract, but I think other teams will think like I do and sign him to a decent contract that will never pay off for either player or team

Dillion is way more productive as a featured back. When Jones was out I thought Dillion handled the role well. I think we expect him to be this smashmouth type player because of his size and strength but that has never been the case at the LOS he doesn't move the pile forward. He is work bringing back at a Packer friendly contract, but I think other teams will think like I do and sign him to a decent contract that will never pay off for either player or team
    He does tend to do better when he gets more carries, but even then it's not been all that great. Maybe it's partly the offensive line and he'll do better elsewhere.

This would surprise a lot of people.

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Packers starting RG Jon Runyan Jr. is set to be a UFA and switched his agent to Drew Rosenhaus. Per source, Rosenhaus met with Packers brass in Indianapolis and there is mutual interest in Runyan remaining a Packer. Would have to be right price for both sides, of course.

This would surprise a lot of people.
    would be a mild surprise. I don't think it happens before the draft, and depends on price.
    He was bad the first half of the season but improved when they brought Rhyan in for competition. By end of season Runyan was outplaying Rhyan.
    GB does not have OL depth if they let Bakhtiari & Njiman walk and cut Newman (saves them 2-3M in cap space).

They need to get better at C & RG so I'm kind of meh about it. Doesn't move the needle a lot, which makes me question it. Don't settle for JRJ unless all the good IOL are drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    would be a mild surprise. I don't think it happens before the draft, and depends on price.
    He was bad the first half of the season but improved when they brought Rhyan in for competition. By end of season Runyan was outplaying Rhyan.
    GB does not have OL depth if they let Bakhtiari & Njiman walk and cut Newman (saves them 2-3M in cap space).

They need to get better at C & RG so I'm kind of meh about it. Doesn't move the needle a lot, which makes me question it. Don't settle for JRJ unless all the good IOL are drafted.
    I think they're really short on depth so I don't really think signing Runyan would necessarily affect whether they draft IOL. So I think they could sign him before the draft. Runyan will want to see what his market value is first though.

I think they're really short on depth so I don't really think signing Runyan would necessarily affect whether they draft IOL. So I think they could sign him before the draft. Runyan will want to see what his market value is first though.
    But it could have a considerable impact on which one(s) thay draft, and in which round(s).

Didn't know exactly where to post this, or how (obviously), and I thought another poster would have been all over it.
    In any case, the results of the poll conducted by the inmates:
    (Pack comes in at 3rd place overall)
    https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

Dillion is way more productive as a featured back. When Jones was out I thought Dillion handled the role well.
    Why do you think this?
    Dillon averaged 3.4 ypc and 2TD
    Jones was much better as a featured back - he got 2 TD in the first game.

I think Dillon would be a fine RB3 - 3rd down packages where he could run, catch or pass protect. I wish he was better at short yardage, but honestly you can often do just as well in short yardage or goal line situations with a smaller slithery guy like Jones.
    Dillon will get interest and I'd be a surprised if he didn't get a contract somewhere, but he's not feature back material. He does a lot of the little things well but he's not dynamic, his numbers have declined each year, and he came out of BC with a lot of wear and tear already. I don't think he has anymore ceiling than what he is.

If they bring him back I wouldn't want it to be for a lot of money. I don't think they will because RBs are everywhere and cheap. Barkley, Jacobs, Ekeler, Pollard, Dobbins, and more are FA as well - why spend that FA money when you can draft guys and spend your FA money on a safety.

I didn't say he was more productive as Jones.