Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Dillion is way more productive as a featured back. When Jones was out I thought Dillion handled the role well.
    Why do you think this?
    Dillon averaged 3.4 ypc and 2TD
    Jones was much better as a featured back - he got 2 TD in the first game.

I think Dillon would be a fine RB3 - 3rd down packages where he could run, catch or pass protect. I wish he was better at short yardage, but honestly you can often do just as well in short yardage or goal line situations with a smaller slithery guy like Jones.
    Dillon will get interest and I'd be a surprised if he didn't get a contract somewhere, but he's not feature back material. He does a lot of the little things well but he's not dynamic, his numbers have declined each year, and he came out of BC with a lot of wear and tear already. I don't think he has anymore ceiling than what he is.

If they bring him back I wouldn't want it to be for a lot of money. I don't think they will because RBs are everywhere and cheap. Barkley, Jacobs, Ekeler, Pollard, Dobbins, and more are FA as well - why spend that FA money when you can draft guys and spend your FA money on a safety.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I didn't say he was more productive as Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Dillion is way more productive as a featured back. When Jones was out I thought Dillion handled the role well. I think we expect him to be this smashmouth type player because of his size and strength but that has never been the case at the LOS he doesn't move the pile forward. He is work bringing back at a Packer friendly contract, but I think other teams will think like I do and sign him to a decent contract that will never pay off for either player or team
    He does tend to do better when he gets more carries, but even then it's not been all that great. Maybe it's partly the offensive line and he'll do better elsewhere.

Dillon's YPC have gone down each year. While the OL might not have been up to Packers normal standards the 1st half of the year, it wasn't that bad either. A JAG like Patrick Taylor average 4.4 YPC, a full yard per carry better than Dillon. Maybe he's just not a good fit for this offense. Time to move on.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I don't think Dillon's struggles were all his fault, the OL was unsettled to start and got better down the stretch. However, whether that was in Game 1 or later in the year, there's a clear difference in how much more productive Jones was than Dillon.

At the end of the day it's JMHO that Dillon was not productive as a featured back. (There are stats/metrics to back that opinion up though. ) I used Jones as comparison because he was the preferred feature back for GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think they're really short on depth so I don't really think signing Runyan would necessarily affect whether they draft IOL. So I think they could sign him before the draft. Runyan will want to see what his market value is first though.
    But it could have a considerable impact on which one(s) thay draft, and in which round(s).

Didn't know exactly where to post this, or how (obviously), and I thought another poster would have been all over it.
    In any case, the results of the poll conducted by the inmates:
    (Pack comes in at 3rd place overall)
    https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Didn't know exactly where to post this, or how (obviously), and I thought another poster would have been all over it.
    In any case, the results of the poll conducted by the inmates:
    (Pack comes in at 3rd place overall)
    https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024
    One thing it shows is that players tend to like their head coach. MLF got a B+ grade, but that only ranked 21st. Worst grade the Packers got was treatment of families. Lack of daycare support for children of players on game day was a big issue.

Most interesting team was the Chiefs. Absolutely love their head coach (A+), and hate just about everything else about the organization (D+ overall).

One thing it shows is that players tend to like their head coach. MLF got a B+ grade, but that only ranked 21st. Worst grade the Packers got was treatment of families. Lack of daycare support for children of players on game day was a big issue.

Most interesting team was the Chiefs. Absolutely love their head coach (A+), and hate just about everything else about the organization (D+ overall).
    Winning fixes most everything.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Winning fixes most everything.
    It also means that Andy can probably name his price.

It's hard to hire daycare people right now. But the Packers should make a concerted effort to do that.

Wonder what area or areas kept MLF out of the "A" range?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's hard to hire daycare people right now. But the Packers should make a concerted effort to do that.

Wonder what area or areas kept MLF out of the "A" range?
    There were some issues that cropped up last year that we don't usually see with the Packers. They ended up trading Rasul who had expressed some frustration, had to suspend Jaire, and Campbell made some comments we don't usually see. Now the team did come together and had a great second half, and the survey was conducted from August to November 2023 so MLF may have made some improvements that are not reflected in the survey.

Yeah that's pretty interesting, I always assumed MILF was a hardcore players coach like Reid.

In addition to being really rich, owners are often pretty shitty and cheap. He WFT has sewage leaks in the weight room and other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    In addition to being really rich, owners are often pretty shitty and cheap. He WFT has sewage leaks in the weight room and other areas.
    Who does?

Is that sewage leak thing some kind of metaphor? Or literally?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Is that sewage leak thing some kind of metaphor? Or literally?
    There was a pipe burst at the stadium. Fans claimed it was sewage. The team claimed it was rainwater.

There was a pipe burst at the stadium. Fans claimed it was sewage. The team claimed it was rainwater.
    Where did this happen, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Where did this happen, though?
    Fed Ex Field. Washington DC.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think that means Daniel Snyder had a leaky ass.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack