Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Packers organization is drinking tiger blood today. Can’t wait for the season and we still have the draft!
    There's still a lloott of free agency left, too. And quite a lot of serviceable safeties still paddling around in the pool. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we come back and reel in another, somewhat smaller one, after the feeding frenzy abates somewhat and the market becomes more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Does Hafley have ties to him?
    Read this part in an article:

"McKinney will reunite with a familiar face in Green Bay in the Packers passing game coordinator Derrick Ansley. He most recently served as the Los Angeles Chargers defensive coordinator in 2023, but he coached McKinney during his freshman season at Alabama (2017) as his defensive backs coach."

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This is the take with which I agree.

Man, it’s a cold world. Aaron Jones was class, and a real difference-maker, on and off the field.

And Jacobs got more wear and tear in terms of numbers of carries, and had a bad year last year.

Me no like.
    To be fair: Everyone playing for McDaniels had a bad year last year. Jacobs was better after Pearce took over.

I remember seeing an article that had a draft guy say a perfect Safety tandem would be McKinney in FA and Cooper DeJean in the draft.

It’s still a cold world, man.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Getting McKinney is big. A rookie being the top Safety, even a first rounder, would have been risky. That's a position where proven talent is needed.

Jacobs I'm hopeful about but not so sure. He had a slow 40 time, but then so did Jones. Hopefully he plays faster than his clocked speed - similar to Jones. I'm not so sure, as I said in the other thread, that Jones won't be back. If not, I hope we get a high draft pick rotational RB - Braelon Allen would be my choice. RB is generally a position where a rookie can come in and thrive.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Getting McKinney is big. A rookie being the top Safety, even a first rounder, would have been risky. That's a position where proven talent is needed.

Jacobs I'm hopeful about but not so sure. He had a slow 40 time, but then so did Jones. Hopefully he plays faster than his clocked speed - similar to Jones. I'm not so sure, as I said in the other thread, that Jones won't be back. If not, I hope we get a high draft pick rotational RB - Braelon Allen would be my choice. RB is generally a position where a rookie can come in and thrive.
    Did you know that Jacobs is Filipino?

What’s next, the Packers are gonna sign Taylor Rapp and Pressley Harvin, trade for Younghoe Koo and draft Cooper DeJean (to play corner)?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Aaron Jones is a Viking. 1 year, $7M reportedly. yuck.

Went and watched a little bit of Jacobs in 2022 and 2023. I think he's... pretty good actually. Bummed about Jones, but Jacobs is a very good back.
    I still don't like paying big money to RBs in FA. (Just my personal opinion) They don't last long and usually play their best on their rookie contract. If this does end up being a one or two year rental, that's not bad. They'll still need to draft one or two RBs.

A Raiders fan's take on Jacobs:

"Raiders fan here who wants to congratulate all of you on this signing. Whether you are for this or against this (Aaron Jones fans), I just want to say that the Packers are getting a DOG. Not only is Jacobs a team player, but he is the ultimate competitor. All he really wants to do is win, and when Jacobs is locked in, he is hands down the best running back in the league in my opinion (emphasis on running as CMC is a great pass catcher lol).

Now that you’re giving JJ a legit QB too in Jordan Love, the sky will really be the limit for ya’ll depending on health of course.

For those who don’t know, I’d describe JJ as an elusive power back. He can cut with the best of them, but if you’re in his way while he’s running full speed towards you, good luck cuz he’s definitely going to run over/through you lol, just go watch his highlights.

You will be missed in Vegas, Jacobs!"

JOSH JACOBS:

2023 HIGHLIGHTS
    https://youtu.be/HKUUFD68nGc

2022 HIGHLIGHTS
    https://youtu.be/1s1LbPrL7r0

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    JOSH JACOBS:

2023 HIGHLIGHTS

2022 HIGHLIGHTS
    There was one play where it looked like Jaire wasn't real anxious to take Jacobs on. Jacobs sometimes runs a little high but still has good power.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    JOSH JACOBS:

2023 HIGHLIGHTS

2022 HIGHLIGHTS
    "An absolute SAVAGE!" LOL

We got ourselves a HOSS.

Vision, patience, power, burst, a nasty stiff-arm and better hands than I thought.

Barring injury, we will be asking ourselves 'Aaron who?' after the season starts.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kinda has an AP build and run style. He can catch and seems fast but more important strong.

Kinda has an AP build and run style. He can catch and seems fast but more important strong.
    In those cut-ups he's always falling forward.

I saw people yesterday saying he's a downgrade from Jones in the passing game, but I watched a lot of film on his last night. And I'm not seeing that. I saw quick, sure hands, a confidence in catching the ball, good form - catching it in stride, making sure he's gathered the ball all the way in before turning upfield... his receiving game looked excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Did you know that Jacobs is Filipino?

What’s next, the Packers are gonna sign Taylor Rapp and Pressley Harvin, trade for Younghoe Koo and draft Cooper DeJean (to play corner)?
    I did not know that. Are those others somehow Filipino too? Or half some other kind of Asian?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    "An absolute SAVAGE!" LOL

We got ourselves a HOSS.

Vision, patience, power, burst, a nasty stiff-arm and better hands than I thought.

Barring injury, we will be asking ourselves 'Aaron who?' after the season starts.
    I watched the 2023 clip, and I'm worried that 2023 Jacobs isn’t as fast/shifty/elusive as 2023 Aaron Jones. If we can keep defenses hesitant at the snap with MLF-motion, I hope that will compensate.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Elusive with power us a good description. Not the highest of gears, but enough to get through a hole and not go down easily. Plus he has good vision for seeing the hole.

Contract is basically 2/23, with 6-10M dead cap in 26, ir they will significantly reduce the base salary at that time. It shouldn't keep us from signing the best of the young receivers.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    I watched the 2023 clip, and I'm worried that 2023 Jacobs isn’t as fast/shifty/elusive as 2023 Aaron Jones. If we can keep defenses hesitant at the snap with MLF-motion, I hope that will compensate.
    He isn't as fast/shifty/elusive as Jones. He's much more of a power back. I expect the Packers to try to draft a RB with more of the attributes that Jones gave them.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen