Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Packers Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    No. Packers got even with the Vikings for signing Aaron Jones.
    ThanksKwesi

Ah, I see what you're doing there.

Good one.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Josiah Deguara has signed with Jaguars.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Here's Josiah working out at home:

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shouldn't Rodgers face have been on the sun?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That’s some stalker type of shit there!! Fucking stans .

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Shouldn't Rodgers face have been on the sun?
    That shit has to be done! You’re a real special kinda twisted man .

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Jaire Alexander didn’t come to the voluntary offseason program last year.

He did this year, seen here with Xavier McKinney in a photo by team photographer Evan Siegle.

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Jaire Alexander didn’t come to the voluntary offseason program last year.

He did this year, seen here with Xavier McKinney in a photo by team photographer Evan Siegle.
    Verrryy interesting....

So.... 2023.... "Hm, there's a voluntary offseason workout program, and they'll pay me $700,000 to go listen to Joe Barry for 2 months..... nah; I'll pass."

2024.... "This is my chance to work out with Xavier McKinney for 2 months without having to listem to Joe Barry. Hell yeah, I'm there."

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    McKinney’s speed on Madden currently is 86. That’s slow. For comparison, Quay “Muthafuckin” Walker currently has 88.

Hopefully the Packers draft a “fast as fuck” safety. Otherwise, with 21 Savage gone, I will have to play Nixon the “free.”
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

McKinney ran a 4.63 40 with a 1.66 10 yard split. He's not a burner, unlike Savage.
    ALSO unlike Savage, he has good instincts and is a sound tackler.

IOW, Savage: very good athlete, meh player; McKinney: meh athlete, very good player. Which would you prefer?
    McKinney would probably not have been on GB's draft board (as a top 50 pick), but once a player has proven themselves in the league they overlook RAS. Zadarius Smith is another example - dude had a 3.75 RAS coming out of UK.

They aren't going to play Nixon at safety.

Re: Jaire, I'm not surprised. He wasn't subtle in the past about his frustration with the Barry defense. He's showing up to learn the scheme and to get a read on his new DC. Netting 700K is icing on the cake.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    McKinney ran a 4.63 40 with a 1.66 10 yard split. He's not a burner, unlike Savage.
    ALSO unlike Savage, he has good instincts and is a sound tackler.

IOW, Savage: very good athlete, meh player; McKinney: meh athlete, very good player. Which would you prefer?
    McKinney would probably not have been on GB's draft board (as a top 50 pick), but once a player has proven themselves in the league they overlook RAS. Zadarius Smith is another example - dude had a 3.75 RAS coming out of UK.

They aren't going to play Nixon at safety.

Re: Jaire, I'm not surprised. He wasn't subtle in the past about his frustration with the Barry defense. He's showing up to learn the scheme and to get a read on his new DC. Netting 700K is icing on the cake.
    Before the German Shepherd traded away Douglas, my “nickel” D consisting of 23 and 21 at corner, Nixon in the slot. 26 and Douglas as safeties, and Owens and Ford as “linebackers” was pretty impregnable against online opponents. All I did was blitz all day.

McKinney seems to have game speed. If he’s a playmaker, who cares about his 40 time in real life, I guess.

It’s a given the Packers are gonna draft a safety. Let’s hope they draft one who runs like a cheetah, tackles like a lion and covers like a hyena.

And don’t say DeJean. For once, Millennials like Partial, Harrell and myself would like to see a white corner don the Green and Mustard Yellow in a regular season game. The only GM in NFL history who ain’t ever missed the playoffs, Mike Sherman, cut Kevin Kaesviharn before that could happen. Kaesviharn is the last white corner to play an NFL game…for the Kentucky Pussycats.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Just saw we signed Andre Dillard. Loved him coming out but injuries derailed him. He had such light feet. If we got him for not too much he can olay the Yosh swing tackle role well.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Just saw we signed Andre Dillard. Loved him coming out but injuries derailed him. He had such light feet. If we got him for not too much he can olay the Yosh swing tackle role well.
    Very athletic guy who had a rough year in 2023 with Tennessee. Gave up 12 sacks. Packers may be hoping there are holes in his technique that they can improve on. Worth a shot.

Last edited by Joemailman; 04-18-2024 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Before the German Shepherd traded away Douglas, my “nickel” D consisting of 23 and 21 at corner, Nixon in the slot. 26 and Douglas as safeties, and Owens and Ford as “linebackers” was pretty impregnable against online opponents. All I did was blitz all day.

McKinney seems to have game speed. If he’s a playmaker, who cares about his 40 time in real life, I guess.

It’s a given the Packers are gonna draft a safety. Let’s hope they draft one who runs like a cheetah, tackles like a lion and covers like a hyena.

And don’t say DeJean. For once, Millennials like Partial, Harrell and myself would like to see a white corner don the Green and Mustard Yellow in a regular season game. The only GM in NFL history who ain’t ever missed the playoffs, Mike Sherman, cut Kevin Kaesviharn before that could happen. Kaesviharn is the last white corner to play an NFL game…for the Kentucky Pussycats.
    Somehow I missed reading this until now. You beat me to it with what you said about had to say about McKinney. I was really happy when he was signed, and I still am. Performance as a college Safety doesn't often translate to NFL quality. Thus, picking up a proven FA like McKinney is excellent. Yeah, matching him up with one or probably more very athletic Safetys and developing them would be good too. I'd draft one of those 3rd - 6th round and take a flyer on that cheetah you're talking about as a FA. I'd also draft a smart plodder Safety in the 4th - 7th as well as getting one of those as a FA. That plus whatever leftovers we have should be just fine.

I don't give a shit about the color of a Corner hahahaha. I'm not even sure what color DeJean is. I think I'd be ok with drafting him in the first round, although I kinda doubt that happens. In addition to Jaire, the Packers seem to be ready to making a commitment to Stokes as well as paying Nixon plus Valentine is a keeper and maybe Ballentine too. It's not a position of great need.

As meh as O Line is to me, we do need a couple more bodies there. This Dillard and several other low round and FA pickups should do the job. I say again, do NOT draft O Line 1st or 2nd round.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

I don't give a shit about the color of a Corner hahahaha. I'm not even sure what color DeJean is.
    Blond and blue-eyed, but he seems to have worked very hard to overcome that.

Very athletic guy who had a rough year in 2023 with Tennessee. Gave up 12 sacks. Packers may be hoping there are holes in his technique that they can improve on. Worth a shot.
    Might almost suggest Gutekunst is leaning toward cornerback in Round One.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Might almost suggest Gutekunst is leaning toward cornerback in Round One.
    I don't think this signing has an effect on whether they will draft an OT in 1st round. This is just veteran depth, something they really lack.

I don't think this signing has an effect on whether they will draft an OT in 1st round. This is just veteran depth, something they really lack.
    Agree. Dillard has proven he is a good backup in the NFL. He has done that while starting which has been a problem for the teams that counted on him to start. Maybe our staff can get a little more out of him, but I can admit he was a swing and a miss for me. If they are signing him with any expectations of him starting I am disappointed to say the least.