Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Predict the Packers offseason roster decisions

Predict the Packers offseason roster decisions

Jordan Love - Re-sign. 48M per year average in new money. 4 years, added on. Total 5 years, 205M (5 years 41M per year when you add in the last year of his current deal)

Bakhtiari - If anyone is dumb enough to give up a 4th or even 7th round pick for him, trade and eat the 20M otherwise cut and eat it.

Campbell - McDuffie looks good. Cut him and move on.

Runyan - Rhyan looks solid. Bye Felicia.

Yosh - See ya. Don’t let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out

Deguara - Goodbye. Kraft might be tall to play an Hback role, but he’s probably better at it than you. See ya!

Owens - revamp that secondary. Bye.

Ford - No doubt. See ya

Stokes - Do not pick up 5th year option.

You get probably a 4th or 5th round compensatory for Runyan and maybe a 6th or 7th for Deguara.

Clark - DTs are rare. He’s too good. Re-sign and deal with his 25M dead cap later.

Jones - He’s too good and we don’t have anyone to replace him. Re-sign and deal with the 12M later.

Preston - He’s really good and he’s not that expensive. Maybe restructure, but you can live with his contract.

Jenkins - Maybe restructure, but his contract is good so however it works out

Savage - Re-sign. He’s solid. Fair deal.

And here’s where it gets tricky

Jaire - Do you trust his shoulder or his attitude? If the answer is no, trade him for a bag of chips.

Dillon - He’s a good bad weather back. If for some reason you can’t make Jones work, maybe you keep him. Or if he’s really cheap.

Nixon - He’s barely serviceable as a nickle and he’s a good returner. If he’s cheap, run it back.

You can think about re-signing Meyers and McDuffie in season if you’re really happy with their play.

Getting rid of Bakh, Campbell and Jaire would do wonders for our future cap situation. Even if you keep Jaire, the cap is in good shape after this year.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 01-22-2024 at 08:53 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

The cap will be just fine. I think you’re largely right although I’m sure someone like Deguara will be back for basically a minimum deal ‘cause why not. He’s a fine third TE. They will resign AJO and anyone else worth resigning. They will let Myers play out the 4th year and hope he brings his A game, then they’ll let him walk. I think they need a guard or two. DE too.

I still wonder if the Jest would give up a pick for Bakh.

Think about it: He's stated he definitely wants to play - has he even said for two years? I don't know - and he's the Jets' Co-GM's best friend. If you're the other GM, Joe Douglas, you know you need lots of O-line help. Let's say you know you're going to draft an offensive tackle early on - you're still struggling as to whether, say, JJ McCarthy or one of the other second-tier QB's is worth your first round pick - so you're thinking either first- or third-round. And you probably need two tackles, or a tackle and a guard. And sure, Bakhtiari is a big medical risk. But IF he is able to play, you'll have a rock-solid pass-blocker (plus he's the Co-GM's best friend, and you want your Co-GM to be hap-hap-happy) for a very meager price - maybe a fifth rounder? A sixth? You're likely not going to find a starting left tackle - as a rookie - in the fifith or sixth round. And you need someone who can step in and play right away, because the clock is ticking on your Co-GM's other career, as an NFL QB. The Packers are publicly saying they're going to keep Bakhtiari, and not cut him, so you can't wait around like a vulture. So you throw a sixth-round pick away if it doesn't work out. Not a huge risk for the potential payoff - a rock-solid starting left tackle in a year you're going all-in.

The salary part, I know nothing about. So I don't know how that all would factor in, though the Co-GM supposedly signed a team-friendly deal last year, so maybe you can do some more voodoo and fit Bakh in.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I still wonder if the Jest would give up a pick for Bakh.

Think about it: He's stated he definitely wants to play - has he even said for two years? I don't know - and he's the Jets' Co-GM's best friend. If you're the other GM, Joe Douglas, you know you need lots of O-line help. Let's say you know you're going to draft an offensive tackle early on - you're still struggling as to whether, say, JJ McCarthy or one of the other second-tier QB's is worth your first round pick - so you're thinking either first- or third-round. And you probably need two tackles, or a tackle and a guard. And sure, Bakhtiari is a big medical risk. But IF he is able to play, you'll have a rock-solid pass-blocker (plus he's the Co-GM's best friend, and you want your Co-GM to be hap-hap-happy) for a very meager price - maybe a fifth rounder? A sixth? You're likely not going to find a starting left tackle - as a rookie - in the fifith or sixth round. And you need someone who can step in and play right away, because the clock is ticking on your Co-GM's other career, as an NFL QB. The Packers are publicly saying they're going to keep Bakhtiari, and not cut him, so you can't wait around like a vulture. So you throw a sixth-round pick away if it doesn't work out. Not a huge risk for the potential payoff - a rock-solid starting left tackle in a year you're going all-in.

The salary part, I know nothing about. So I don't know how that all would factor in, though the Co-GM supposedly signed a team-friendly deal last year, so maybe you can do some more voodoo and fit Bakh in.
    Bahk would cost his new team $20.9 million which is manageable. The new team wouldn't be stuck with the remaining prorate signing bonus that stays with the Packers as dead cap space.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If we were able to unload the ol' sacred cow at all for a draft pick, it would likely be the '25 draft, not '24, and it likely would be conditional on how and how much Bakhtiari plays. You know, of course, that there is somebody very much hated by the dumbass ingrates in and out of this forum who would undoubtedly push for the Jets to get him, so who knows. It maybe would test the idea of how much influence Rodgers has there.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Release Anders carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
    Release Anders carlson
    Not likely to happen. They stuck with him this far, they'll at least bring him back for offseason practices. Maybe with some real competition.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Release Anders carlson
    Carlson goes nowhere until training camp. You don't just cut him because there's no guarantee you'll find someone better. But definitely bring some competition into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not likely to happen. They stuck with him this far, they'll at least bring him back for offseason practices. Maybe with some real competition.
    Competition in camp may help but for me to trust him again after choking late in the 9er game, he'll have to improve alot. like 100%

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    Carlson goes nowhere until training camp. You don't just cut him because there's no guarantee you'll find someone better. But definitely bring some competition into camp.
    There HAS to be better kickers out there. Maybe the Ravens will realease Tucker after they win the super bowl!

There HAS to be better kickers out there. Maybe the Ravens will realease Tucker after they win the super bowl!
    That could cause a lot of confusion. I can just see MLF yelling, "Tucker! Get out there an make that kick!" Before you can blink you'll have a TE running out there!

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    That could cause a lot of confusion. I can just see MLF yelling, "Tucker! Get out there an make that kick!" Before you can blink you'll have a TE running out there!
    Lol

It’s really weird having two new accounts (or old accounts who haven’t posted enough to have a real schtick like everyone else)

Either

A. The exciting season really has revived two peoples interest enough to come back

Or

B. My paranoia is right and Harlan Huckleby is using his burner accounts.

Release Anders carlson
    I think it'll sound better if you say "Free Anders Carlson NOW!"

It's really hard though to disagree with any of your posts, though. I keep staring at your avatar picture and it makes me want to just nod mutely in agreement.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

If you're speaking about me. I have been posting on another site but have lost interest there because of all the political talk.

I think it'll sound better if you say "Free Anders Carlson NOW!"

It's really hard though to disagree with any of your posts, though. I keep staring at your avatar picture and it makes me want to just nod mutely in agreement.

I really think Carlson needs to go down to the minors (if this were baseball) and work on his mechanics. He's just too eratic. He missed a kick in like 12 straight games, right?

If you're speaking about me. I have been posting on another site but have lost interest there because of all the political talk.
    I'm talking about your very distracting avatar picture.

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Nixon is the only UFA worth re-signing. Unlike Hyde and Sullivan, Nixon ain’t a liability at the nickel spot. Solid as a rock.

Clark is a good leader and all that shit, but he’s but an average baller - not a playmaker.

J-Alex is a shutdown corner. You don’t get rid of shutdown corners.

German Shepherd has gotta sign a mofo ILB AND a hip hot safety in free agency. A few names worth signing, should they hit the market: Frankie Luvu, Lavonte David, Patrick Queen, Jordyn Brooks, Devin White, Antonio Winfield, Kyle Dugger, Kamryn Curl, Xavier McKinney.

We have a separate section for that. If we talk politics in the packer section we get a week suspension, sometimes two weeks, but in the playoffs leniency was once granted with a warning shot of only one day.

But yeah, we don’t talk politics in the Packer area (or religion I’ve been recently made aware) because it makes for annoying tension.

I'm talking about your very distracting avatar picture.
    I know... I was answering rashan gary's post.