Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Predict the Packers offseason roster decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm talking about your very distracting avatar picture.
    You think my avatar is distracting?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    We have a separate section for that. If we talk politics in the packer section we get a week suspension, sometimes two weeks, but in the playoffs leniency was once granted with a warning shot of only one day.

But yeah, we don’t talk politics in the Packer area (or religion I’ve been recently made aware) because it makes for annoying tension.
    That's good to know. The other site only had one area to comment and some days it was nothing but politics. The only thing that made that site attractive is that it was instant comments. 50 comments in 5 minutes. Sometimes here, you post a comment and don't get an answer for an hour or more.

Here is the list of players who are listed at Clark’s 314 or higher who have more sacks than Kenny Clark since sack stats started being recorded in 1960:

1 Muhammad Wilkerson 6’4” 315 44.5
    2 Gary Walker 6’3 325 46.5
    3 Chester McGlockton 6’3” 334 51
    4 Dan Wilkinson 6’4” 340 54.5
    5 Richard Seymour 6’6” 317 57.5

You can knock Seymour off that list because he’s a clearly different body type being long and lean.

With Clark’s stout body type, he’s the 5th all time sack leader. He’s sure to finish top 3 with a chance at being the NFLs all time sacks leader who is listed at 314 or higher.

Child please, Clark is rare DT.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Let’s say his career finished like this

29 5 sacks
    30 4 sacks
    31 3 sacks
    32 2 sacks
    33 1 sack

He finishes with 55 sacks and the most ever by a player 314 or heavier (excluding Seymour who was a clearly different body type)

Let’s not even start talking about Kenny Clark not being an impact player as an all around run/pass defender. He’s one of the best to ever do it.

Honestly, as an all around defensive talent being able to consistently wreck double teams in the run game and still get pressure on the QB in the passing game…. Clark makes a case for being a HOFer.

But if you’re not a super chubby, eccentric dude, who’s nick named “big daddy,” and has a high profile charity helping single moms own a home, no one notices run defenders in the NFL. They just see 50 sacks and compare it to 250lb Clay Matthews Jr and determine he had a lesser impact.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It’s really weird having two new accounts (or old accounts who haven’t posted enough to have a real schtick like everyone else)

Either

A. The exciting season really has revived two peoples interest enough to come back

Or

B. My paranoia is right and Harlan Huckleby is using his burner accounts.
    This is not a nice way to welcome new people man. Also, your paranoia doesn’t matter because you don’t deal with the account stuff. Just take some advise from your buddy rodgers and RELAX. We know you are the hard hitting safety of PackerRats.

For the record when we have gotten new members it tends to be around playoffs and the draft.

Let’s not even start talking about Kenny Clark not being an impact player as an all around run/pass defender.
    I won't go so far on your other statements and projections, but I agree with this. Kenny Clark is one of the better all around DTs in the league.
    College isn't cranking as many of these guys out anymore and Clark has been very good for a long time. He's clearly their best DL, Brooks might be the next best. This team looks different/worse without him on it.
    Kenny isn't going anywhere, they will probably give him an extension and rework some of the money he's owed this next season for room.

Anyone see Jaire’s tweet? Kinda cryptic like he’s not gonna be back. He’s so intriguing

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Anyone see Jaire’s tweet? Kinda cryptic like he’s not gonna be back. He’s so intriguing
    27M dead money cap hit. J-Alex ain’t going anywhere - unless he gets caught operating an underground dog fighting ring.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    27M dead money cap hit. J-Alex ain’t going anywhere - unless he gets caught operating an underground dog fighting ring.
    I'm not actually advocating for it, but if JA were traded POST June 1st, then he'd actually only count $8.3MM against our cap and we'd save $15.6MM.

Offseason is when players get their revenge on social media by intentionally posting all kinds of misleading and ambiguous things. Jaire is a mischievous dude and is getting an early start.
    He's not going anywhere unless someone is making Gute a knockout offer.

As weird as he is, Jaire is not a locker room cancer. You don't trade corners like him in their prime, this early in the contract extension unless there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    He's a very unhappy snowflake that someone told him to stop being a douchebag. He reminds me of another primadonna who was upset that we just didn't realize how special he really was.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

The only thing that matters is if he's lost a step and gets beat too often. I'd say the jury is still out on that. I hope they keep him with the new DC rather than maybe seeing him be a star somewhere else.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
    You think my avatar is distracting?
    Not distracting enough imo
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Jaire is still good when healthy and dialed in. He wasn't healthy a lot lately - which is a concern - and he hated Barry's scheme. An offseason to heal and a new DC might produce a bounce back season for him.

He's a clown and has joked around and pulled stunts on social media before. They aren't trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The only thing that matters is if he's lost a step and gets beat too often. I'd say the jury is still out on that. I hope they keep him with the new DC rather than maybe seeing him be a star somewhere else.
    That is certainly NOT the only factor. How about asking...when Rasul got traded did he lose his study buddy and stop watching film? Does he set a good example of how to be a pro to younger players? Does he cause a distraction and take his team mates focus off of football?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

All of that kind of shit is a bunch of the God damned media stirring up trouble, same as with Rodgers when he was here.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    All of that kind of shit is a bunch of the God damned media stirring up trouble, same as with Rodgers when he was here.
    Actually, it's Jaire posting something, and those paying attention wondering what he means by it. Nothing to do with media, other than you using it as a thin excuse to rant.

Blog Entries
    Jordan Love - Re-sign. 48M per year average in new money. 4 years, added on. Total 5 years, 205M (5 years 41M per year when you add in the last year of his current deal)

Bakhtiari - If anyone is dumb enough to give up a 4th or even 7th round pick for him, trade and eat the 20M otherwise cut and eat it.

Campbell - McDuffie looks good. Cut him and move on.

Runyan - Rhyan looks solid. Bye Felicia.

Yosh - See ya. Don’t let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out

Deguara - Goodbye. Kraft might be tall to play an Hback role, but he’s probably better at it than you. See ya!

Owens - revamp that secondary. Bye.

Ford - No doubt. See ya

Stokes - Do not pick up 5th year option.

You get probably a 4th or 5th round compensatory for Runyan and maybe a 6th or 7th for Deguara.

Clark - DTs are rare. He’s too good. Re-sign and deal with his 25M dead cap later.

Jones - He’s too good and we don’t have anyone to replace him. Re-sign and deal with the 12M later.

Preston - He’s really good and he’s not that expensive. Maybe restructure, but you can live with his contract.

Jenkins - Maybe restructure, but his contract is good so however it works out

Savage - Re-sign. He’s solid. Fair deal.

And here’s where it gets tricky

Jaire - Do you trust his shoulder or his attitude? If the answer is no, trade him for a bag of chips.

Dillon - He’s a good bad weather back. If for some reason you can’t make Jones work, maybe you keep him. Or if he’s really cheap.

Nixon - He’s barely serviceable as a nickle and he’s a good returner. If he’s cheap, run it back.

You can think about re-signing Meyers and McDuffie in season if you’re really happy with their play.

Getting rid of Bakh, Campbell and Jaire would do wonders for our future cap situation. Even if you keep Jaire, the cap is in good shape after this year.

Great post

Although I'd keep Owns for a backup cause I like Simone being in Green Bay
    Gotta keep Jaire and get rid of Bakh; Dillon...goodbye unless we get him really really chepa
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Great post

Although I'd keep Owns for a backup cause I like Simone being in Green Bay
    Gotta keep Jaire and get rid of Bakh; Dillon...goodbye unless we get him really really chepa
    With a new DC, savage’ value goes down. Owens and Savage both play a SS style. I’d be torn between which to keep because Owens should be much cheaper. But Savage is much faster.