Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Joe Barry Out!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Just got a text that fangio is out in Miami. He instantly becomes a top 2 or 3 contender
    He is expected to sign with Philadelphia.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    League officially on notice we are no longer screwing around.
    Lafleur having his own QB and the full reigns of the offense seems to have rejuvenated him. He sounded fired up about the guys getting after the offseason and already dialed in on next seasons run.

His piss is hot. If he’s taking out the axe and chopping down his friendship trees, he means business.

I don’t think it’s just Lafleur. Gute has also been drug through the mud and seems fired up to make his mark. Early signs say his last two drafts have been all timers. Two top 5 tackles in the 4th and 7th rounds, and a total of 14 players who look like very possible starting level guys. It’s just unheard of. And his QB hit.

They’re not fucking around at 1265 right now. They’re nearing the apex of everything they’ve set out to do, and nothing is going to get in their way of finishing this climb.

I don’t know if the league is on notice, but they should be. The Packers leadership is fired the fuck up and bringing everything they have right now.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

All that sounds good, but it might also be that LaFleur wanted to keep Barry and he got told, lose him or go with him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    All that sounds good, but it might also be that LaFleur wanted to keep Barry and he got told, lose him or go with him.
    Only person who can do that is Murphy, and I don't think Murphy wants to meddle like that. Firing MLF would have been a big headline and a bad move, he called some good games in the latter part of the season and kept a young locker room together when they were in danger of circling the drain.
    I doubt they would play that kind of brinksmanship.

I do wonder, based on Gute's comments after the draft, if there was some kind of discussion b/t Murphy, Gute and MLF about the defense last Spring along the lines of - we have a young offense, we have a lot of high draft picks on defense; if the defense can't hold the fort and win some games Barry has to go. It's fair to say by the 3/4 point of the season the offense was carrying the defense, not the other way around. Expectations for the defense were higher this year, and I don't think they performed significantly better.... getting a warning and still not meeting the expectations can be grounds for termination in a cutthroat field like coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    It probably did if you consider it. Those MVPs were from individual stats. Stays he protected at the cost of not running the plays called or playing favorites on offense. The only goal is to win trophies not awards.
    The one season we had the 2nd most efficient offense in the history of the NFL. That isn't an "individual stat". And it doesn't set a team back.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I understand Jim Leonhard was a hot commodity several years ago, but what has he done since then to improve his defensive coaching skill set in the NFL?
    His coaching skill set was just fine. He played in the NFL for a decade and was described as a coach on the field. He ran an NFL defense at Wisconsin. What "improvement" does he need?

holy crap, i missed this because i've been in bed trying to die this whole week

great news

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    holy crap, i missed this because i've been in bed trying to die this whole week

great news
    Last edited by Joemailman; 01-25-2024 at 07:06 PM.

His coaching skill set was just fine. He played in the NFL for a decade and was described as a coach on the field. He ran an NFL defense at Wisconsin. What "improvement" does he need?
    Point well taken, but he has no real experience coaching in the NFL. Is he even interested in the pro game? I don’t recall him interviewing for any recent position, or his name coming up.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Point well taken, but he has no real experience coaching in the NFL. Is he even interested in the pro game? I don’t recall him interviewing for any recent position, or his name coming up.
    Jim Leonhard was offered the DC job by LaFleur and if I recall was LaFleur's first/top choice for the DC position.

Alas, Jim turned the offer down and that's why we ended up with Joe Barry.

Reference:
    https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...dinator-offer/
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Barry is already interviewing with the Eagles and Bears for position coach openings.

There is also a report that the Bears are interviewing Barry for DC position.

Can’t wait to play against him 2 times a year. Go for it Bears!
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    Jim Leonhard was offered the DC job by LaFleur and if I recall was LaFleur's first/top choice for the DC position.

Alas, Jim turned the offer down and that's why we ended up with Joe Barry.

Reference:
    https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...dinator-offer/
    All the reasons he had to turn it down no longer apply. He isn't with Madison any longer. Hopefully MiLF doesn't hold a stupid grudge. Staley could be a Rooney rule interview (does that apply to coordinators?). Just get Jimmy in the building please.

All the reasons he had to turn it down no longer apply. He isn't with Madison any longer. Hopefully MiLF doesn't hold a stupid grudge. Staley could be a Rooney rule interview (does that apply to coordinators?). Just get Jimmy in the building please.
    Leonhard interviewed for the position and then turned it down. He went public with the fact he was offered the job. In doing so, he forced MLF to offer the job to the guy everybody knew was his second choice. If MLF carries a grudge, it would be understandable. I wouldn't blame him one bit if doesn't interview Leonhard.

By the way, how does Staley satisfy the Rooney rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Leonhard interviewed for the position and then turned it down. He went public with the fact he was offered the job. In doing so, he forced MLF to offer the job to the guy everybody knew was his second choice. If MLF carries a grudge, it would be understandable. I wouldn't blame him one bit if doesn't interview Leonhard.

By the way, how does Staley satisfy the Rooney rule?

Oops. Was thinking of Bowles who I was hoping would get fired. Maybe Staley identifies as black like the over tanned head coach of Miami.

Oops. Was thinking of Bowles who I was hoping would get fired. Maybe Staley identifies as black like the over tanned head coach of Miami.
    McDaniels identifies as black

Mahommes isn’t black. And that’s the cut off. Love really isn’t black, although sometimes he uses a fake black accent when he’s with the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Can’t wait to play against him 2 times a year. Go for it Bears!
    Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

The #Bears hired Eric Washington as their defensive coordinator, per source.

Some guy from packaday podcast says sources indicate Christian Parker was offered the job. He’s in town and should be named coordinator.

Anonymous sources season is upon us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Some guy from packaday podcast says sources indicate Christian Parker was offered the job. He’s in town and should be named coordinator.

Anonymous sources season is upon us.

Underwhelming hire, if it happens, and VERY surprised Flower didn't bring in others for interviews and would just hire a J.A.G. on paper without running through a full process
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?