Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Joe Barry Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Underwhelming hire, if it happens, and VERY surprised Flower didn't bring in others for interviews and would just hire a J.A.G. on paper without running through a full process
    Don’t you go clenching your butthole over an aggressive risk!!! Swing for the fences with a young alpha!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Don’t you go clenching your butthole over an aggressive risk!!! Swing for the fences with a young alpha!

Stop Massaging Flower's nutsack and embrace some logic

What has this guy accomplished/credentiaisl that validate the risk ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Stop Massaging Flower's nutsack and embrace some logic

What has this guy accomplished/credentiaisl that validate the risk ?

He’s young and will relate well to the players. He’s a hard worker and a “star” in the profession according to those who worked with him. Youth lends itself to openmindedness and creativity. The quick mind of a younger person can be sharper calling plays. There are endless benefits to a young coordinator if you have the right man. And this guy has, “hardest worker, smartest guy in the room” alpha vibes. It’s so much better than a retread!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

god damn he's so young

just 3 years ago he was a on field "quality control" guy for us

does a guy whos only been a d-backs coach in college for a few years and a few more years in the pros no how to set up a whole D and call plays and all that good stuff?

that would be my big question

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    He’s young and will relate well to the players. He’s a hard worker and a “star” in the profession according to those who worked with him. Youth lends itself to openmindedness and creativity. The quick mind of a younger person can be sharper calling plays. There are endless benefits to a young coordinator if you have the right man. And this guy has, “hardest worker, smartest guy in the room” alpha vibes. It’s so much better than a retread!

Your description; you could tie that to about 50 candidates we decide to hire
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I sincerely doubt that dude was offered the job already. We shall see.

Blog Entries
    honestly, I highly doubt it as well

It would be baffling to offer a guy like that, who really has no suitors, without doing more due dilligence and interviews.

I think it's fair to say that the report that Parker has been offered the job was likely an overreaction to something the blogger had heard. None of the Packers beat writers or other bloggers have verified it. That's not to say Parker isn't a favorite to get the job. I suspect MLF has had his fill of "experienced defensive coordinators" and is looking for someone with some new ideas.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Parker basically IS MiLF not so long ago. He toiled around with the Shannahans for a while and got a reputation as a pretty sharp kid. Became OC and then HC. Parker has toiled around the Fangio tree for a minute and has a reputation as a pretty sharp kid. I don't have a super strong opinion on him as I know so little. It could be a homerun hire. I had no idea who Evero was 3 years ago either.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Nobody has been hired. There have been interviews and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Parker basically IS MiLF not so long ago. He toiled around with the Shannahans for a while and got a reputation as a pretty sharp kid. Became OC and then HC. Parker has toiled around the Fangio tree for a minute and has a reputation as a pretty sharp kid. I don't have a super strong opinion on him as I know so little. It could be a homerun hire. I had no idea who Evero was 3 years ago either.
    Yeah I guess if you frame it that way it's not that surprising. After all, this is only coordinator, not head coach. In a sense this is like going from QB coach to OC. Not uncommon or unexpected. I'm not saying this guy won't be great or aynthing like that, I have no clue! I would say that I would feel more comfortable with an unestablished young guy if they came up in an attacking like system like Baltimore where that is what they know and love. Culturally there is something that Baltimore is doing right that most other teams are not doing. I want to find a way to create that culture here - although I have no idea how.

Blog Entries
    Wide and Tausch are convinced MLF really wants somebody who he feels he can hand the defenstive keys too and not worry (unlike BarryBall)

This is part of why this hire would Suprise me. With that being said, I would be fine with the hire if they did their due diligence and intereviewed some well qualified guys as well (StaleyIMO doesn't count)

If you jump and hire this guy w/o talking to the others...to me...would be kinda crazy and irresponsible

Hire Warby Parker now!

Or interview five more guys to make Bretsky happy, then hire Warby Parker.

New blood. New ideas. Energy. Relatability. Supposedly also very smart. Very adaptable - knows the Fangio stuff AND other kinds of defenses.

Get on board, Bretsky, cuz The Flower doesn't seem to be reaching out to Jim Leonhard.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Hire Warby Parker now!

New blood. New ideas. Energy. Relatability. Supposedly also very smart. Very adaptable - knows the Fangio stuff AND other kinds of defenses.

Get on board, Bretsky, cuz The Flower doesn't seem to be reaching out to Jim Leonhard.

Just a pondering thought; Joe Barry on paper looked better a few years back than this guy

Just a pondering thought; Joe Barry on paper looked better a few years back than this guy
    How do figure that? Cuz he’d DC’d two teams to shit defenses?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hire Warby Parker now!

Maybe he is courting Leonhard in the background which is why he hasn't hired anyone yet. Or maybe he is pissed and has no interest. We just can't know. One thing that seems pretty clear, Jimmy doesn't want to stray far from home. He wanted the top job at Madison. Even with Illinois he hasn't strayed far. I think he would take it if MiLF called, but I am speculating (based on all the information I have gathered though).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Wink Martindale was fired as the Giants’ DC; he seems to be attracting interest from other teams.

I don’t see anyone lining up to interview Joe Barely for a defensive coordinator position. Do you?

KYPack

Wink Martindale was fired as the Giants’ DC; he seems to be attracting interest from other teams.

I don’t see anyone lining up to interview Joe Barely for a defensive coordinator position. Do you?
    He has/had an interview with the Bears for the DC spot.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    He has/had an interview with the Bears for the DC spot.
    Interesting. I think Eberflus calls the defensive signals there.

I read an SI article claiming that Barry was a bad fit in Green Bay because he traditionally ran a Tampa 2 but The Flower wanted him to run something else, so it was a bad fit.

Or - does da Bears interviewing him prove my pretend point about Barry being so awful as a DC??

KYPack