View Poll Results: Who Do You Want As Packers New DC?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jim Leonhard

7 25.93%
  • Ejiro Evero (Not Likely Available)

0 0%
  • Mike Zimmer

2 7.41%
  • Brandon Staley

1 3.70%
  • Al Harris

2 7.41%
  • Rex Ryan

0 0%
  • Marquand Manuel - Jets Safeties coach

0 0%
  • Jesse Minter - DC - Michigan

1 3.70%
  • Wink Martindale

1 3.70%
  • Chris Hewitt - Ravens DB/Passing Game Coor

7 25.93%
  • Chris Harris - Titans CB/Passing Game Coor

0 0%
  • Aubrey Pleasant - Lions DB/Passing Game Coor

0 0%
  • Anthony Weaver - Ravens Asst HC/DL Coach

1 3.70%
  • Leslie Frazier

0 0%
  • Dave Aranda - HC - Baylor

1 3.70%
  • Sean McDermott - If Fired

0 0%
  • Mike Vrabel

1 3.70%
  • Other

3 11.11%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Want As Packers New DC?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Id feel really good about this hire. Risky, but I like risky!
    Yea, I've been doing a little reading. I like the fact that he survived 3 HC and 3 DC in Denver and he is the guy they don't want to let go. I don't think much of Vance Joseph as a coach, but it sounds like he latched onto this kid as the voice he listens to. Usually guys like Joseph survive by recognizing who is smarter than they are and utilizing that. I'm almost hoping he is the guy now that I have done some research on him this morning.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    https://x.com/itszacharyj/status/175...Oxzq2_jOx_kBGw

50 year old white dudes on Twitter. Reasons the younger generations hate older white dudes.
    Or their could be a ton of other reasons. But this is an issue for FYI, not for here. Bottom line is that some guys relate to players and some don't. Does Parker, who never played relate better than Leonhard who toiled for a decade? I have found that if what you say is smart, thought out and intelligent than the audience appreciates it....regardless of the audience. (yes, I realize that isn't always what I do.)
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Leonhard may not be considering a jump to the NFL. With all the coordinator and position coach jobs available, someone with his experience would at least be able to garner interviews and likely be hired somewhere.

Since it has been largely silent, he must not be interested. There are way too many jobs for his name not to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Leonhard may not be considering a jump to the NFL. With all the coordinator and position coach jobs available, someone with his experience would at least be able to garner interviews and likely be hired somewhere.

Since it has been largely silent, he must not be interested. There are way too many jobs for his name not to come up.
    Or maybe after he turned down the Packers DC job, NFL teams questioned the level of his desire to coach in the NFL. Maybe nobody wants him.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Or maybe after he turned down the Packers DC job, NFL teams questioned the level of his desire to coach in the NFL. Maybe nobody wants him.
    Maybe it's time to change
    And leave it all behind
    I've…been one to walk alone
    I've always been scared to try
    So why does it feel so wrong
    To reach for something more
    To wanna live a better life
    What am I waiting for?
    'Cause nothing stays the same
    (Sick Puppies)

Oh wait, you’re talking bout Leonhard, not some 41 year old burger flipping loser.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    And leave it all behind
    I've…been one to walk alone
    I've always been scared to try
    So why does it feel so wrong
    To reach for something more
    To wanna live a better life
    What am I waiting for?
    'Cause nothing stays the same
    (Sick Puppies)

Oh wait, you’re talking bout Leonhard, not some 41 year old burger flipping loser.
    Leonhard is 41. Maybe he's flipping burgers for Bret Bielema.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Guys I really don't want at this point

STALEY----You are getting a guy here who is friends with MLF and to be honest has run a very similar defense to Barryball. He's a hard pass for me

Up and Comers---Truth be Told, I just don't have a ton of faith in our ability to select an upcoming stud DC so I want somebody who's been there/done that and you hand the keys to. The MIlwuakee Bucks through they struck gold; but he was junk. Don't wanna take the chance
    I am in the exact opposite camp. I'm tired of retreads, of guys running defenses that worked ten years ago but don't any more. The Packers need someone who can mix-and-match, adjust on the fly, zone and man, know when to blitz and when not to, understand that offenses have evolved and players play at a much higher level on offense than they did fifteen or twenty years ago. QB's dont' make the kinds of mistakes they made twenty years ago, at least not as often. The bend-but-don't-break don't work no more.

Besides, Bretsky, you used to drool if the Packers were interested in anyone the Patriots had interviewed. You thought the Patriots walked on water. And the Pats interviewed this guy.

I do think offenses perform at a higher, more consistent level than they did twenty years ago. You can't wait around for them to make a mistake by letting them slow-walk it (or in Barry's case fast-walk it) down the field.

As for the "hating-50-year-old-white-guys" thing, once you hit sixty, you're like everybody's grandpa and it's all good. So maybe hiring Rex Ryan could work out, too. But I'd like the young buck.
    Man, I am fired up for a young guy. Besides, the Flower seems to do better hiring young, unproven guys (Stenavich) than retreads (Barry). So let's go big and let the kid do it. Warby Parker it is, baby! Hire that guy!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Staley is a strange case. He was made a HC in his 5th year in the NFL. Not sure if he was overrated, or if he is a talented guy who was promoted too quickly.

Either way, no thank to him. Go big - The Floer’s best hires have been young, mostly unproven guys.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

so whats the over under on how many years parker is here if we hire him, and if he's good

my guess is if him or any other young DCs turns out to be the next big thing, you're only gonna have him for maybe 2 years before someone hires him to be a HC

one of the downsides of hiring young unproven guys. with some of the other older guys, theyve had their chances at HCing and blew it, so no one is gonna come and take them away

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so whats the over under on how many years parker is here if we hire him, and if he's good

my guess is if him or any other young DCs turns out to be the next big thing, you're only gonna have him for maybe 2 years before someone hires him to be a HC

one of the downsides of hiring young unproven guys. with some of the other older guys, theyve had their chances at HCing and blew it, so no one is gonna come and take them away
    Good point. Best case we have an elite defense and in three years he’s the best young HC candidate in the NfL. Kind of takes the luster of that best case scenario we’re all getting fired up about.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

If the new DC does his job well enough that he gets HC job, I think Packers will win an Owl. I'll take it.

If the new DC does his job well enough that he gets HC job, I think Packers will win an Owl. I'll take it.
    Exactly this.

I like the Ravens guy, but I honestly have no strong preference.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I like the Ravens guy, but I honestly have no strong preference.
    The Ravens’ defense held up really well against the Queefs, even though the D was out on the field forever because Lamar Jackson was pooping his pants in another big game. And their offensive coordinator forgot that a running back can carry the ball sometimes, too.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The Ravens’ defense held up really well against the Queefs, even though the D was out on the field forever because Lamar Jackson was pooping his pants in another big game. And their offensive coordinator forgot that a running back can carry the ball sometimes, too.
    That was shocking to me too, especially considering how he ran his O's at Georgia.

Lamar should have been running the ball. He could get 5 yards every drop back if he wanted it. But he has to prove he’s a passer and now he’s at home like the rest of us.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Probably going to hear about some more interviews today. Maybe the Baltimore guys. Maybe Chris Harris, who MLF interviewed for DC in 2021.

Probably going to hear about some more interviews today. Maybe the Baltimore guys. Maybe Chris Harris, who MLF interviewed for DC in 2021.
    Chris Harris: Yeah, not our first interview together, Matty. How'd that work out for you, not picking me in '21?

LeFleur: NEXT!

KYPack

Blog Entries
    interesting hearing Wilde and Tausch today; I listed to the 10AM portion where they hit on DC's.

Tausch now wants GB to hire Rex Ryan and Jimmy Jimmy

Wilde still wants Evero and also thinks MFL wants him as well but he might not be available

Both noted while they said GB might hire Parker, there were no credible sources who actually was reporting he was the guy. Also noted none of the Green Bay Packer writers who have people inside the building as sources....thought there was any crediblity to the idea GB offered him.

Both noted he still might be the hire, BUT .....neither believed he's been offered the job and both think Flower wants to chat with a lot of guys
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?