1 5.26%
  • Edge

0 0%
  • CB

1 5.26%
  • S

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: (Select one or more) What positions would disappoint most with 1st round pick?

(Select one or more) What positions would disappoint most with 1st round pick?

For me, it’s TE, WR and interior OL.

I didn’t like the idea of a tackle, but I’m warming up to it since it’s a really deep position and big guys are rare. The options are endless in how you can benefit.

He can be a backup swing tackle in year 1.
    He could replace Tom and Tom move inside, replacing either Meyers or Rhyan (whoever’s worse)
    He could play guard, and replace Rhyan if Rhyan is a problem

Next year when Meyers leaves, you have three quality tackles so Tom could move to center if there is no better option

In 2 years, you wouldn’t have to pay 2 tackles top 5 money. You’d still have 3 years of a rookie deal with the drafted tackle. You could trade one of Rasheed or Tom or just get a comp pick.

So tackle has a bunch of avenues to deliver early value and long term value.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

RB, if you spend a R1, he better be special. But I didn’t make that one of my selections because it wouldn’t bother me to get an elite RB.

They don't need a TE, I don't like drafting TE's in the 1st round, and after Brock Bowers goes early, I don't think there's a TE worth a 1st round pick.

Oops. I missed the fact that it's multiple choice. My other picks would be RB and WR.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    QB didn’t make the list?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    QB didn’t make the list?
    Too obvious

Blog Entries
    for me it's ONLY TE

If a star fell at any other position besided TE and QB I'd be happy to have him now that we're drafting in a crap position anyways.

Just take the BPA
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

QB, WR, TE, and in the first round anyway, RB are obvious. The one that would bother me the most, as anybody who knows my posting knows, is O Line, either interior or tackle. There fore, I will bypass the obvious ones and vote for O Line.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Running back all the way, recent history has proven that drafting high at this position is a trend from the distant past.

I mean, we just spent 2 picks on TE and knocked them out of the park. I can't imagine we take one in the 1st. Next would be ILB unless there was a Ray Lewis type prospect available (which there isn't)
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

TE it’s obvious…prob for the next 3 drafts.

WR is also relatively obvious.

RB is a little less obvious due to likely only having one guy on the current roster who is guaranteed to be sticking around. I do not really agree with the view that you should never take one in the first round, although I do agree that the situation where you would consider one is rare. Quite honestly, the Packers current situation is one where that situation could present itself. The Packers need no other offensive skill positions, and the one RB we believe to be back next year is aging and also could be viewed as slightly fragile. If the right guy with a strong resume was there, it would be something to at least consider.

I’d still rather have something else though, and hope the draft plays out to make that happen, so a RB would be disappointing for me this year.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Agree King, no RB. If there was a Jonathan Talor type guy who slipped, I could see trading back a beat to take him, but I'm pretty sure this draft has no 1st round talents and probably not many "top 5" second round talents. Its unlikely.

I'm pretty convinced we will take a CB or OT because of the depth in this draft and the likelihood that it will be the BPA when we pick.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I certainly want a RB by the end of R3 though. This offense looked like horseshit when Jones went out of the lineup. It is imperative that we have a second dynamic back who has top end speed and good hands, with some capability to block.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

No running back for me, please.

I'd be okay with a wide receiver if he was a clear #1 type of guy. Not thrilled, but okay. Tight end, eh, that would be a tough pill to swallow. But if they picked one in round one, clearly they'd think he was gonna be a perennial all pro.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    No running back for me, please.

I'd be okay with a wide receiver if he was a clear #1 type of guy. Not thrilled, but okay. Tight end, eh, that would be a tough pill to swallow. But if they picked one in round one, clearly they'd think he was gonna be a perennial all pro.
    Glad you are out of solitary.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I chose corner, but my primary disappointment would be with a QB.

Corner? Interesting. Stokes is like Kevin King now. The allentines are okay but not great. They’re depth pieces. Nixon’s deal is expiring, I think, and there’s no slot corner behind him. So why would a first-round corner disappoint?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

TE and RB. There's nobody at those positions worth drafting at our spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    for me it's ONLY TE

If a star fell at any other position besided TE and QB I'd be happy to have him now that we're drafting in a crap position anyways.

Just take the BPA
    I'm good with BPA for the first two picks and then address specific needs after that.