Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Conference Championship Game Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    You ain’t dig Goff? Right now, the closest comparison to the beloved Love has gotta be Goff. Both are tall and slim. Both possess good arm strength with average overall athletic kung fu. Both can be inaccurate a times. Both ain’t dominators in the clutch.

Campbell, now I can agree. I like my coach to be full of sophistication - not redneck. Love the dude’s grit, though.
    I think we're on the same page about Campbell although I'd word it different hahahaha. I like coaches to be cerebral. I felt that way long before LaFleur came along. I don't like those hyper rah rah oftentimes brainless types.

As for Goff, I don't consider him to even be on the same planet as Love. He's a choker and an interception waiting to happen, immobile too, I think. To me, the closest to the "beloved Love" is the much maligned Fields (other than Mahomes, of course).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

9ers early 1.5 point favorites. After 20 years of watching Brady inexplicably win with that death by a million paper cuts offense, I can’t help but think the 9ers are the favorites with that style.

All the money is going to be on the Chiefs. Swifties will be placing their first sports bets in droves.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

This happened a few years ago. Bucs were sluggish in the NFC playoffs and then wrecked the Chiefs shit in the Owl.

I see it happening the same way. I do not see the 49ers having a slow start against KC. They'll win easily.

I would take the Chiefs and make some cashola. They have the better QB and otherwise they're similar teams. Why would anyone think the Niners are going to get away with some luck and youthful mistakes against a veteran team that's been to the super bowl countless times? They Niners were let off the hook twice. The Chiefs will win.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I would take the Chiefs and make some cashola. They have the better QB and otherwise they're similar teams. Why would anyone think the Niners are going to get away with some luck and youthful mistakes against a veteran team that's been to the super bowl countless times? They Niners were let off the hook twice. The Chiefs will win.
    Yeah, ain't no way I'd pick Purdy over Mahomes.

Andrew Brandt
    @AndrewBrandt

I am a fan of Dan Campbell, and players and coaches talk about him in ways far beyond the usual cliches. And I am a big believer in analytics.
    But it seems like some decisions he makes are less about analytics and more about, well, "Let's F***ing Go!"
    Emotions are tricky.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

And I think that’s okay. Campbell had a point - you make that late FG and you tied it up, so it’s like you’re hanging on. You get that first down and your players feel like they’re taking back control of the game. And that’s important.

Remember too the Detroit kicker is not that great.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I personally believe Mason Crosby was pretty overrated and that this dude stunk. I wonder what the analytics say on 4th and a few vs a field goal. I think the better play might just be to go for it.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't we all cry for Longwell when Crosby came in?

I think for a rookie outdoor kicker - he did alright (especially w/ young snapper/holder). No sense not giving him some competition but they were more than patient / Crosby so I don’t see how they wouldn’t be here w/ Anders