Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Conference Championship Game Thread

Andrew Brandt
    @AndrewBrandt

I am a fan of Dan Campbell, and players and coaches talk about him in ways far beyond the usual cliches. And I am a big believer in analytics.
    But it seems like some decisions he makes are less about analytics and more about, well, "Let's F***ing Go!"
    Emotions are tricky.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

And I think that’s okay. Campbell had a point - you make that late FG and you tied it up, so it’s like you’re hanging on. You get that first down and your players feel like they’re taking back control of the game. And that’s important.

Remember too the Detroit kicker is not that great.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I would take the Chiefs and make some cashola. They have the better QB and otherwise they're similar teams. Why would anyone think the Niners are going to get away with some luck and youthful mistakes against a veteran team that's been to the super bowl countless times? They Niners were let off the hook twice. The Chiefs will win.
    Yeah, ain't no way I'd pick Purdy over Mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I feel bad for Det. They had this game almost locked up and completely choked it away. Almost like the Packers out playing SF last weekend and also losing.
    Difference is we fired the dumbass coach who let them methodically march down the field. Lions won't fire the dumbass coach who left 6 points on the field.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    The Packer kicker is a proven choker. Frog shoulda gone for it every time.
    I don't think our kicker is a choker.

Our kicker is just bad. He misses kicks all the time. It doesn't matter if it is to win a game or an early extra point during the regular season.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I don't think our kicker is a choker.

Our kicker is just bad. He misses kicks all the time. It doesn't matter if it is to win a game or an early extra point during the regular season.
    This is pretty dumb and inaccurate.

Mason didn’t crack 80% fgm til his 5th season (Carlson was 82%). And of his 16 seasons - Carlson’s 1st year would’ve been middle of the road for fgm.

Mason’s 6th season was a paltry 63% fgm. He also missed 4 PATs in 2020.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Compared to the average NFL kicker, Carlson is not good. He was in the bottom quarter of the league.

11 NFL kickers were over 90% for the year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I personally believe Mason Crosby was pretty overrated and that this dude stunk. I wonder what the analytics say on 4th and a few vs a field goal. I think the better play might just be to go for it.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't we all cry for Longwell when Crosby came in?

I think for a rookie outdoor kicker - he did alright (especially w/ young snapper/holder). No sense not giving him some competition but they were more than patient / Crosby so I don’t see how they wouldn’t be here w/ Anders