Another things is, with all this massive NIL wealth that's suddenly available to good college athletes, plus this "transfer portal" madness that he destroyed college football, it's extremely difficult for the coach anything short of a Top 25 team or so to have any real success anymore. I thonk a lpot of college head coaches from the "little sister" D1 universities are going to be trying to do what he did in the years to come - get back to a football league where football is the focus.

In fact, just as I was typing that, I remembered a couple of days ago when a friend of Hafley's was explaining why he though Hafley made the move, and I googled it.

“He wants to go coach football again in a league that is all about football,” a source told Thamel. “College coaching has become fundraising, NIL and recruiting your own team and transfers. There’s no time to coach football anymore.”
So there ya go. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall, and realizes college football is just going to be too difficult to successfully coach going forward.