Thread: Official Fire Jeff Hafley Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Let me be early. The defense has the talent to allow this guy to succeed with the overall team we have and hes in perfect position for us to lose him to a head coaching hire in2-3 years and Love and Gute will have been mainly accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by australianpackerbacker View Post
    Let me be early. The defense has the talent to allow this guy to succeed with the overall team we have and hes in perfect position for us to lose him to a head coaching hire in2-3 years and Love and Gute will have been mainly accountable.
    And that's another way of looking at it - every bit as valid.

One thing I find encouraging as I go over his history is that in his postings as defensive position coaches, and as the Ohio defensive coordinator, he produced great results and is well-spoken of. It looks like maybe head coach of an entire college program might have just been a bridge too far for him. If that's the case, then we may be fortunate in being the team where he settles back down into his natural level of abilities.

Yeah you're right. What I loved about Mike McCarthy was his ability to have a decent pulse of the football team and manage the players and the responsibility of keeping everyone on the same page whilst still calling plays and being able to deal with rodgers-ball.. it's tough and it's mainly why belichick is out of work..

That's what I like about lafluer in the sense he's a younger sharper version of that model and the guy we just hired seems to gel with that type of philosophy.