Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Jeff Hafley Thread

Well, now that they've signed McKinney, I expect the Packer defenses to give up no more than thirteen points per game. ONE TIME over that, and Half-Ass-ley's got to GO!!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The first time the opposing team converts a third down in Week 1 we'll want him canned.
    When Valentine whiffs on a press attempt and gives up a 25 yarder we'll be screaming for Hafley's head on a platter.

How does this guy still have a job?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How does this guy still have a job?
    Did we get Bamboozled again ? This guy has never been a DC in his coaching career, and the team he left behind shed no tears when he jumped ship.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

my first thought when we signed him was WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then i started drinking the kool aide the packer talking heads were serving up

now i'm starting to think my initial reaction was the right one

Everyone here does realize that these threads are a joke in that we start them on the day the guy is hired, right? We’re not really supposed to have pitchforks out after 4 quarters of football.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Everyone here does realize that these threads are a joke in that we start them on the day the guy is hired, right? We’re not really supposed to have pitchforks out after 4 quarters of football.
    Absolutely. Come on, guys. You gotta wait at least until halftime of game two.

I thought there was always this undercurrent amongst the players that Joe Barely’s scheme was holding them back, and when they talked about the new system, it was if their talents would FINALLY be released, cuz they could “play fast.”

But they didn’t get much pressure on Hurts, and they still can’t tackle.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

I thought there was always this undercurrent amongst the players that Joe Barely’s scheme was holding them back, and when they talked about the new system, it was if their talents would FINALLY be released, cuz they could “play fast.”

They got to the ball carrier faster but still missed the tackle.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    They got to the ball carrier faster but still missed the tackle.
    This is part of what’s so maddening about Quay Walker. He’s fast and has a nose for the ball but he also makes bonehead plays where he’s out of position or doesn’t drop into coverage well.

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    This is part of what’s so maddening about Quay Walker. He’s fast and has a nose for the ball but he also makes bonehead plays where he’s out of position or doesn’t drop into coverage well.
    It is maddening watch him do that. The one TD run by Phil was a perfect example of that.

I don’t know for sure because I don’t know what the play call was. But it sure looked like he filled the wrong gap and left a gaping hole for Shaquan to run to pay dirt.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

I blame Jaire Alexander.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I’ve had more interaction with Gen Z than I’d like. They’re always gonna blame someone else.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

these threads aren't a complete joke, these are here to bitch about the defense and its never ending struggles

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post

lol

Are you actuallly calling somebody out for overreacting ? hmmm
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    my first thought when we signed him was WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then i started drinking the kool aide the packer talking heads were serving up

now i'm starting to think my initial reaction was the right one

SCARY but I was exactly the same as above.

I would have taken f'cking JIMMY JIMMY JIMMY over this guy as well as many others

Now all Training came I heard about how our defense dominated our offense. Now I'm back to wondering.

With that being said, PHILY is stacked on talent, and their Offense was much much better than our Defense. Then again, if we catch that pick instead of drop it, or don't get Fcked by the refs on that cheap holding call on our secondary, maybe we win the game

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I blame Jaire Alexander.
    I' m coming around to your view of him. He's not the player he was, not after he got hurt tackling a couple years ago, and now I'm not so sure about even his coverage skills any more. He also acts a little like a whiny buffoon out there.

KYPack

I' m coming around to your view of him. He's not the player he was, not after he got hurt tackling a couple years ago, and now I'm not so sure about even his coverage skills any more. He also acts a little like a whiny buffoon out there.
    I have always been of a slightly different opinion, that he never really was the player he was made out to be. He had a career year at the right time, and it enticed the Packers to overpay significantly, and the impact of that contract gave him notoriety that he had not earned and has not lived up to. He is capable of great games, and has had quite a few, but something is lacking on consistency in his game,

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I have always been of a slightly different opinion, that he never really was the player he was made out to be. He had a career year at the right time, and it enticed the Packers to overpay significantly, and the impact of that contract gave him notoriety that he had not earned and has not lived up to. He is capable of great games, and has had quite a few, but something is lacking on consistency in his game,
    You forgot "but feels he so rightly deserves"
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Did he really get "Notoriety"?

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    no·to·ri·e·ty
    /ˌnōdəˈrīədē/
    noun
    the state of being famous or well known for some bad quality or deed.
    "the song has gained some notoriety in the press"

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Did he really get "Notoriety"?

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    no·to·ri·e·ty
    /ˌnōdəˈrīədē/
    noun
    the state of being famous or well known for some bad quality or deed.
    "the song has gained some notoriety in the press"
    running his mouth non stop and prancing around the field after every play like he's gods gift to football?