Thread: Gute presser

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This team is loaded and headed for consistent meaningful success provided a few assumptions play out as anticipated.

Jaire leaving would be a mistake. Get cut next year this new scheme will highlight your top 5 ability if you stay healthy. Big if on the latter.

Thank you Bakhtiari for your service time and commitment but you're the perfect casualty of age finance and circumstance. If you got another year left go the jets but I'll be the first to say you don't.

The main guy we need back is jones. Unless Barkley is available but he doesn't seem like a fit. Gutes attempt to trade for Jonathan Taylor recently says the satisfaction is talent isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by australianpackerbacker View Post
    This team is loaded and headed for consistent meaningful success provided a few assumptions play out as anticipated.

Jaire leaving would be a mistake. Get cut next year this new scheme will highlight your top 5 ability if you stay healthy. Big if on the latter.

Thank you Bakhtiari for your service time and commitment but you're the perfect casualty of age finance and circumstance. If you got another year left go the jets but I'll be the first to say you don't.

The main guy we need back is jones. Unless Barkley is available but he doesn't seem like a fit. Gutes attempt to trade for Jonathan Taylor recently says the satisfaction is talent isn't there.
    There's been some speculation that we'll be in the Barkley hunt this year, and I wouldn't mind having him at the right price. Free agent running backs are usually not a great move; they're in their mid-20s, and with their early expiration dates, this contract is usually their jackpot contract - their last chance at the big bucks. It's risky being the new team that pays out the huge payday right at the stage of their career where they're likely to start declining any year.

I think that's why we lost interest in Taylor - he cost the Colts $42M over 3 years, and I doubt Gutekunst wanted him badly enough to pay that kind of money. I've seen Barkley projected at $22M over 2 years, which is not as risky but still a lot of money. If we draft well, we can get a 2nd Round RB for (I think) $1.6 per, or a 3rd Rounder for (I think) $1.4. That leaves a hell of a lot of money on the table for other needs.

I think we resign Jones, and try to replace him in the draft this year.

Nailed it. Risk vs return. 3 passes to wicks for 108yrds and a touchdown is the answer to the value question of running back. Unless he's special and Jones is, but the playing styles don't mesh so why get rid of home-grown greatness for an injury liability. Jones has the same risk but he's ours.