Thread: Cap affect of paying as you go vs pushing out and having dead space

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Yep, and roster bonuses are rarely guaranteed. Josh Allen is the only player I can recall seeing it where they accelerate if he's cut. Bak's deal was good at the time but Packers had to alter it to account for loading up to make a run. Nobody would care about this contract if we won it all. It's just time to move on. He's gonna get cut and that will be fine for him. Players should try to get as much as possible just as all workers should. Lifts all boats.
    CMI, how is bonus money ever NOT guaranteed? It's paid. It's not gonna be given back short of some kind of very off-the-wall lawsuit. Did you mean salaries are rarely guaranteed - beyond the current year anyway?

bobblehead, Packer roster strength plus recent events, primarily the huge cap increase, strongly support what APB and I have always said. How are you still hanging on to the bogus crap that the cap is such a bogeyman?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    CMI, how is bonus money ever NOT guaranteed? It's paid. It's not gonna be given back short of some kind of very off-the-wall lawsuit. Did you mean salaries are rarely guaranteed - beyond the current year anyway?

bobblehead, Packer roster strength plus recent events, primarily the huge cap increase, strongly support what APB and I have always said. How are you still hanging on to the bogus crap that the cap is such a bogeyman?
    You can cut the player before the roster bonus is due and not pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Because 1) David Bacteria is still a packer and b) He hasn't played any significant snaps in years. Ergo, the cap fucked us into a bad situation and we probably lost the chance to sign either our own, or other FAs because of it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.