Thread: Cap affect of paying as you go vs pushing out and having dead space

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The difference between the NFL and MLB of course, is that in the NFL it's not guaranteed beyond the first year in virtually every case. You can cut them if they fail or get hurt without future harm except for cap issues from bonuses paid.

Wasn't that quote from Woody Hayes, not Darrell Royal?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The difference between the NFL and MLB of course, is that in the NFL it's not guaranteed beyond the first year in virtually every case. You can cut them if they fail or get hurt without future harm except for cap issues from bonuses paid.

Wasn't that quote from Woody Hayes, not Darrell Royal?
    I thought it was Woody Hayes, but time has shown that those fears don't warrant the way they called offenses - not even back then. Bo Schembecler would storm through the Big Ten every year just because he and Woody Hayes got all the best athletes (Hmm, could it be they cheated???), but whenever he got to the Rose Bowl, his teams got stomped because he was runnng the ball forty-five times a game and passing maybe three times. His style of ball was out-of-date by the mid-70's.

So, as we used to say so eloquently in college, fuck that shit.

As for the cap, I do tend to be more conservative. Pay as you go. Though I realize that may not be the best way to get a Super Bowl. Gotta be flexible, to some degree, at least.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack