Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Cap affect of paying as you go vs pushing out and having dead space

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Buffalo only has 20 of the 53 players that suited up for their Jan playoff game still on the roster.

Just think about that for minute.
    Doesn't matter. They were clearing roster spots so they could kick that cap down the road and sign every stud FA available because the cap isn't real, and the money multiplier theory means every team can sign every FA, its just that Gutes is a prick and doesn't want to win.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Buffalo only has 20 of the 53 players that suited up for their Jan playoff game still on the roster.

Just think about that for minute.
    Stefon Diggs eating up $31M, meanwhile all of GB's receivers costing $11M.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Buffalo is near the top with $55M is dead money with an ugly Von Miller contract still on the books but are not the only one. In 2024 it is a combined $801M for all 32 teams with the average being around $25M. The Vikings lead the way with $57M in dead money with the Rams at the other end with only $4M. Getting players on rookie contracts that can contribute early is the key to success.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think you can throw the entire TE room in for a few million as well.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Yeah, Buffalo until recently was a good example - cap be damned, keeping their talented players. I knew about Diggs, but I wasn't aware of the "just 20 of 53" thing. They now have apparently joined the ranks of the stupid - reacting to the perceived cap problems and getting rid of good players. We'll see how long they stay near the top.

I'm extremely thankful for the Packers situation - all our excellent young receivers for a fraction of Diggs' cost, but the fact is (or seems) that Diggs is still damn good, and they probably could have restructured him to get his cap number way down. Oh well, my third favorite team benefits from the Bills turn toward stupidity. I heard Josh Allen is now asking for a trade hahahaha.

Fritz and Sharpe, I read the shit from media pukes all the time. I just don't believe it like most of ya'all. Like blind squirrels, every now and then they get something right, and even when they don't, it's kinda fun to read their stupidity. Honestly, most of the posters in here, even the ones I disagree with, have a better percentage of being on the right side of things than those media assholes.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Seems like both Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers want to wear wizard robes and chant spells in incense-filled rooms.

Coupla crazy fuckers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Difference is, Rodgers happened to be right in some cases, even if he just lucked into it. Russ drinks special brain water to help him heal from brain injury, but somehow he still talks like someone just clubbed him with a hammer when he speaks after games.