Thread: Any Brett Favre character conspiracy news?

Any Brett Favre character conspiracy news?

As Packer fans we need to keep a close eye on this, for sure many of us have full drool cups from years past.

Is there any news, I mean even a smidgen?
    Last time I checked you’d have to agree that anything written negatively about Brett Favre is complete bs.
    If there was anything to charge Brett about, there would have already been indictments.

A member here named Red put forward the best theory I’ve heard yet, and it sits with me fine….

It really is that Dianna Favre is so cheap with a treasure chest full of dollars that Brett earned all those 16 years in Green Bay, and now it’s under lock and key.
    Yes now wait, then Brett being the money maker that he is goes out and makes a gear box bad judgement call, nothing even close to being criminal.
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 02-10-2024 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    As Packer fans we need to keep a close eye on this, for sure many of us have full drool cups from years past.

Last time I checked you’d have to agree that anything written negatively about Brett Favre is complete bs.
    If there was anything to charge Brett about, there would have already been indictments.

A member here named Red put forward the best theory I’ve heard yet, and it sits with me fine….

It really is that Dianna Favre is so cheap with a treasure chest full of dollars that Brett earned all those 16 years in Green Bay, and now it’s under lock and key.
    Yes now wait, then Brett being the money maker that he is goes out and makes a gear box bad judgement call, nothing even close to being criminal.
    Yeah, looks like bullshit to me. People love to drag successful men through the dirt. It’s the great American pass-time. Pro Favre here. He wanted to get his daughter a volleyball facility. It’s not like he was finding his addiction to hookers and blow.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Can't really say too much about this without taking it in a direction we need to avoid. I'll just say that rather than doing the hard work of fund raising, he used his name recognition to find an easier way. Probably not criminal, but not admirable.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

We have a Favre thread. Other than rewatching something about mary I never give him a thought though until someone mentions his name. Good old Brent. I miss him not so much.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bobble putting in work..

There's a whole internet full of information about it.

Mmmm.... wait; is this a joke thread then?

Favre: "If you were to pay me, is there anyway for the media to find out where it came from and how much?"

Nancy New: "No, we have never had that information publicized. I understand your being uneasy about it, though."

Favre: "Awesome. I needed to hear that for sure".
    Yeah; that sounds like a man with a completely clean conscience.

How does that have anything to do with diverting welfare money to pay for sports facilities?

Blog Entries
    Bert paid back the money, around 1.1 million or so. Now the state is after him for the interest the money earned while he had it. It's at the haggling stage, far from criminal fraud-land.

That must be such a weird conversation between lawyers - arguing about interest rates.

Brent slides again.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Brent slides again.
    I think he did dodge a bit of a bullet there. The state declined to press charges, because based on the information they gathered they didn't feel a conviction was likely. Which is good. I don't hate the guy, don't wish him any misery - if the AG doesn't feel that criminal charges are appropriate, good for him. I'm happy for him. He still did what he did, and I'd rather he hadn't, because I'm disappointed in him. But I like going through life not having to accept that the guy I loved to watch for so many years had been convicted of a pretty shitty felony.

The one problem is that the state can always change their minds, plus there's still the possibility of federal charges. Favre sat for a 9-hour deposition (I think) in his civil case 2 months ago, which most lawyers would probably have advised against. He could have pled the 5th and not said a word, but instead, he answered a hell of a lot of detailed questions, and if he said anything during that 9 hours that contradicts his previous testimony or statements (or offered additional information that the prosecution did not have prior to the deposition), he could quickly find himself indicted after all.

Hopefully, it doesn't come to that. We know that crimes were committed, because at least 7 others who were working with him have pled guilty. But right now, the official position of the government is that they do not have reason to believe that Favre was one of the people who committed crimes. Just that simple. As long he didn't say anything incriminating in the deposition, that's the way it's going to go into the history books and all he's going to need to do is pay back a bunch of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    I think he did dodge a bit of a bullet there. The state declined to press charges, because based on the information they gathered they didn't feel a conviction was likely. Which is good. I don't hate the guy, don't wish him any misery - if the AG doesn't feel that criminal charges are appropriate, good for him. I'm happy for him. He still did what he did, and I'd rather he hadn't, because I'm disappointed in him. But I like going through life not having to accept that the guy I loved to watch for so many years had been convicted of a pretty shitty felony.

The one problem is that the state can always change their minds, plus there's still the possibility of federal charges. Favre sat for a 9-hour deposition (I think) in his civil case 2 months ago, which most lawyers would probably have advised against. He could have pled the 5th and not said a word, but instead, he answered a hell of a lot of detailed questions, and if he said anything during that 9 hours that contradicts his previous testimony or statements (or offered additional information that the prosecution did not have prior to the deposition), he could quickly find himself indicted after all.

Hopefully, it doesn't come to that. We know that crimes were committed, because at least 7 others who were working with him have pled guilty. But right now, the official position of the government is that they do not have reason to believe that Favre was one of the people who committed crimes. Just that simple. As long he didn't say anything incriminating in the deposition, that's the way it's going to go into the history books and all he's going to need to do is pay back a bunch of money.
    Hey Frozen Tundra, can you do a fellow Packer fan a favour??
    Now that I’ve asked I’m sure you wil.
    Can you please keep me informed going forward on any news about my boy, Brett Favre?

I find it hard to hear anything bad about one of the biggest Sports Heroes of my lifetime.

My top theory again that I like most is that Brett’s wife has their family fortune under such a lock and key that my man went out and made a bad decision thinking he could make money like he use to, Brett thought it was the year 2000 when he could just go out an make a million dollars by showing up somewhere.
    Yes it sure looks like he made a mistake, but not enough to for an indictment, thank God.

He still remains a Packer God in my mind, one of our greatest Packer players ever.

And I know it’s my own darn fault for loving the guys so much!
    Last edited by Vincenzo; 03-02-2024 at 01:23 AM.

No one is blaming you for loving guys. But Brent committed fraud. He isn't being charged because he is Brent. No other reason.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Maybe also because the governor wouldn't like this to take up any more attention than it absolutely has to.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    Maybe also because the governor wouldn't like this to take up any more attention than it absolutely has to.
    Just an observer, you’re tip toeing a pretty fine line…

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Just an observer, you’re tip toeing a pretty fine line…
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen