Thread: Way, Way Too Early Draft Crushes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    True, but press is going to be Hafley's bread and butter. It's his religion. I've googled some seminars he's given over the last few years on defensive backs, and saw a Youtube video of him talking to his players at Ohio State. He sounded like George C. Scott in the opening speech in "Patton" - "attack, attack, attack!" His defense is centered on harrassing, frustrating, and interfering with every single thing the recievers try to do; punch him at the line, keep your hands on him, block his path, fight him every single step of his route so that he can't run his planned route, make it so that only a perfect pass can beat the coverage, and the QB has to choose between throwing a risky pass he doesn't want to throw or not throwing the ball at all.

Obviously we won't see that on every play, but it's what he's going to keep going back to on the majority of pass plays. If you're taking a CB in the first round, when there are still a lot of players to choose from, it seems smarter to take one whose strengths fit the coverage you're going to be using the most often.

But that's just my opinion. I don't have a lot invested in it.
    Punch 'em in the nuts!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Punch 'em in the nuts!
    Is that the new "Bite Em In The Kneecaps"?