Thread: Way, Way Too Early Draft Crushes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee

He would be a great addition to the backfield.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

I like him.
    I would also consider spending the Packers second 2nd round pick or if possible a 3rd round pick on Bucky Irvin from Oregon. He does remind me of an Aaron Jones type back, not real big but good vision and can make the cut and get down hill with authority. I think Irvin has more talent than Jones in making guys miss and catching the ball out of the backfield

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

On first watch I thought he was a concussion waiting to happen. YouTube shows him both giving and receiving some hard shots, but he's got a lot of talent and potential. I'm starting to come around on him. In a stable with Jones and another RB he could be something. He runs violent and has very good speed.

in other news: Dane Brugler is reporting that Cooper DeJean will not test at the Combine, as he's still recovering from a late season leg injury. Probably helps him slide down into the 20's; my guess is Quinyon Mitchell and the 2 Alabama corners leapfrog him.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    On first watch I thought he was a concussion waiting to happen. YouTube shows him both giving and receiving some hard shots, but he's got a lot of talent and potential. I'm starting to come around on him. In a stable with Jones and another RB he could be something. He runs violent and has very good speed.

in other news: Dane Brugler is reporting that Cooper DeJean will not test at the Combine, as he's still recovering from a late season leg injury. Probably helps him slide down into the 20's; my guess is Quinyon Mitchell and the 2 Alabama corners leapfrog him.
    I heard some draft guy interviewed the other day speaking very highly of Quinyon Mitchell, but the scouting reports I've read say his strength is playing off coverage. Better fit for a zone scheme, where he can watch the route develop in front of him. Hopefully we've seen enough of that crap here for one lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    I heard some draft guy interviewed the other day speaking very highly of Quinyon Mitchell, but the scouting reports I've read say his strength is playing off coverage. Better fit for a zone scheme, where he can watch the route develop in front of him. Hopefully we've seen enough of that crap here for one lifetime.
    Nothing wrong with that style if you are put in a position to succeed. That is exactly the kind of safety we need to be honest. A guy who is smart and can watch it unfold, then accelerate and make a play. I still like DeJean in that role, but just like everyone here says "why make tom a guard when he is a good tackle", DeJean can be a good CB so I'm not sure anyone wants to make him a safety.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    I heard Mitchell did very well at the Senior Bowl and might be CB1. Sounded like he held up in man coverage against those receivers just fine.
    Agree with Joe that Hafley won't be in press man all the time, but we'll definitely see it more than with Barry.

As others have mentioned, every team plays zone, usually the majority of coverage is some kind of zone. It will be interesting to see how much zone Hafley calls, what kinds of zone he calls, and how it's disguised. (Execution is another question) I didn't get a sense that Barry disguised his coverages a lot, there were times it felt like it was varying degrees of prevent defense.