Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Way, Way Too Early Draft Crushes

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Punch 'em in the nuts!
    Is that the new "Bite Em In The Kneecaps"?

It's even more effective than that!

If Guter drafts nothing but safeties, corners, linebackers and offensive linemen, I will be just fine.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Don't forget running backs, they need someone better than Emanuel Wilson or Patrick Taylor.

And before someone says "they're fine" or "re-sign Dillon", try to remember how many explosive plays those guys had, and then think about how many Jones had despite missing half a season. You need to replicate Jones, not keep JAGs.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Don't forget running backs, they need someone better than Emanuel Wilson or Patrick Taylor.

And before someone says "they're fine" or "re-sign Dillon", try to remember how many explosive plays those guys had, and then think about how many Jones had despite missing half a season. You need to replicate Jones, not keep JAGs.
    Agreed. There's some pretty good ones between rounds 3-5.

1 51 Trey Benson Florida State 6'0" 221

2 61 Blake Corum Michigan 5'7" 210

3 72 Jonathon Brooks Texas 6'0" 207

4 78 Bucky Irving Oregon 5'9" 194

5 83 Will Shipley Clemson 5'10" 205

6 93 Audric Estime Notre Dame 6'0" 227

7 107 Braelon Allen Wisconsin 6'2" 235

8 138 MarShawn Lloyd USC 5'9" 210

9 143 Frank Gore Jr. Southern Miss 5'7" 199

10 160 Cody Schrader Missouri 5'9" 214

11 162 Ray Davis Kentucky 5'9" 205

12 167 Emani Bailey TCU 5'9" 207
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post

I did forget - thanks for the reminder. Yes, they need to draft a couple RB's.

But please, not Blake Corum. He scored a lot of touchdowns because he got a lot of carries, and really, to me, was not super strong nor shifty nor did he have awesome vision. Got rode hard and put away wet.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm playing favorites because I follow Notre Dame, but I'd be really happy if Packers could get Estime with one of their 3rd round picks.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The PFF draft sim sure hates Edgerinn Cooper & Cooper Beebe.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm playing favorites because I follow Notre Dame, but I'd be really happy if Packers could get Estime with one of their 3rd round picks.
    So in your Estimetion he's pretty good, huh?

Man, I'm on fire right now.

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    The one game I watched of Cooper's he did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that there's a HUGE difference on who's available and where people are picked between PFF and Pro Football Network sims, which are the 2 I mess around with the most.

I've mostly been using this, since it's a consensus draft board based on hundreds of other sites and their player rankings.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com...d-2024?pos=ALL

PFF has rankings that sometimes get weird. I use their sim occasionally, but mostly I like the writeups and explanations of why they do or don't like a guy.

But please, not Blake Corum. He scored a lot of touchdowns because he got a lot of carries, and really, to me, was not super strong nor shifty nor did he have awesome vision. Got rode hard and put away wet.
    I liked Corum LAST year, and then he got hurt. Now I think he's got a lot of use, and maybe overexposure. He's ok. Don't really want Gute to pick him and doubt he will. I could see them get a guy to be a Jones clone, and a guy to play the bigger back Dillon role. Gute said they want a bigger back, and Emanuel Wilson is bigger but I think they can do better than him. Maybe that means Troy Benson or Brealon Allen on Day 2, but it could just as easily mean taking a guy like Kendall Milton or Dillon Johnson in R6.

I don't think Corum is destined to be a Packer, and I'm fine with that. Hopefully that's not a reverse jinx. Then again, I said I didn't want Gary or Love (thought the picks were too risky) and look what happened there.

Blog Entries

Who was the last Michigan draft pick you really really disliked Fritz ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Who was the last Michigan draft pick you really really disliked Fritz ?
    Harlan Huckleby!

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Harlan Huckleby!
    Nobody likes that guy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Given where a bunch of our picks fall my early crushes are Kinchens and DeJean. And if they snag Jordan Morgan in there somewhere I won't be upset either.
    Not where I wanted him, but I'm thinking 10 year starter at RG
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.