Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
Eddie Jackson is close to washed up and not worth the money he'll be looking for to sign. GB is better off signing a 25-26 year old who still has a few years ahead of them and maybe a bit of upside. Jackson's best years are far behind him, and some scouts think he doesn't like to tackle anymore.

Justin Fields is top third in physical TALENT, but not in performance or 'quarterbacking'. It's actually not even worth debating -- in most metrics (advanced or otherwise) he's a bottom quartile starting QB. Watch how little they trust him with plays and what he does with them. He'll go 15/21 120 yards 1 TD and 2 INT. He takes a LOT of sacks, fumbles about every 8 times he runs, and makes very few 'wow' throws. If CHI keeps him it would be surprising. I'd be concerned about them trading the #1 pick to someone for a huge haul of picks and really building their roster quickly. They have a solid defense, but that offense is bad, starting with Fields and their OL.

I actually think a team like last year's Falcons could have done some damage with a guy like Fields because of their OL and running game, along with having Drake London and Kyle Pitts. Arthur Smith is a weirdo who would run some Ravens-lite (or Titans-ish) offense that might work for Fields to beat bad teams, but that's about the extent of it. He's mistake prone and smart teams will rattle him. I don't think he's capable of getting past the wild card round, much less winning a Super Bowl.
He sure looked like a weirdo to me, but what causes you to say he's a weirdo? What do you know that I don't know - or is it just that he sure doesn't look like an NFL coach?