I have commented before that by pampering these guys in camp and all week long their bodies aren't learning how to recover properly. You don't work the micro muscles that help stabilize to avoid injury. Kevin Garnett and Paul Peirce just brough this up after the NBA playoffs has seen record injuries as teams "load manage" all season long including taking practices off.

“Seems to be a lot of stars in our game today getting hurt on the regular. Real sh**, during Paul Pierce and I time, we didn’t miss practice and used it as the mechanism to put our bodies in stressful situations to allow us to play 82 games. Guys today think not practicing benefits them when really it is hurting them,” the one-time league MVP shared. (Garnett)

“When you're not working out, you aren't putting your body through the necessary stress on the daily,” Pierce stated.

They said that after practice they would continue to go at each other 1 on 1 until Doc Rivers would turn out the lights in the gym. I won't get too carried away about the NBA in this forum, but maybe Dame should be putting in those extra hours and games.

On the NFL side I think Gary should be going through 10 one on ones daily with Walker and Tom. Nothing readies you for game action like going 100% in practice. Tackle guys for fucks sake. Make sure they are understanding how to get brought down without getting injured.