Thread: NFL Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Clueless fans who think they’re smarter than a burger flipper with a worthless bachelor’s in accounting, as well as having passed the fucking Wisconsin CPAs, see $85M in “dead money” and they think, cap hell!

There ain’t any fuck as a cap hell anymore. Asses of Denver (not to be confused with the Asses of Indianapolis), don’t owe Wilson 85M. They’re gonna spread the hit over two years. Wilson’s cap hit this year will be 35.4M, minus chump change from another team - the 35.4M figure would be exactly the same figure if Wilson was still an Ass. 49.6M next year when the cap’s gonna inflate even more. Cap hell, my ass!
    Apparently, our resident burger flipper doesn't understand the difference between cap hell and we don't have any cash to pay players.

Here is a better analogy. You are only allowed to spend $10 for dinner at a burger joint. I have $100.00 in my wallet but I am only allowed to spend $10.
    Now if I want I can buy $15 value meal and it will cost $7.50 this meal but $7.50 against my next $10 meal. So I buy a $2.50 ice cream with my remaining "dinner cap" space.
    On night 2 a new item is available at the burger joint for only $5. I still have $82.50 in my wallet so I can easily afford it. Unfortunately, I can only spend $2.50 towards tonight's dinner and cannot buy the $5 item.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 03-06-2024 at 07:55 AM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston